setting up a repetier host for plastic pla without shrinkage

as the name says, I need help with setting up a slicer for plastic pla

Comments

• Compared to ABS you have nearly no shrinkage for PLA. Sure you have shrinkage problems and not wrong calibration of xyz steps per mm or extrusion amount? This can make especially moving parts stick together. If your bottom is wider (elephant foot) your first layer might be too close or heated bed too hot. In Prusa-Slicer there is a compensation for elephant foot somewhere.
  • Repetier said:
    Compared to ABS you have nearly no shrinkage for PLA. Sure you have shrinkage problems and not wrong calibration of xyz steps per mm or extrusion amount? This can make especially moving parts stick together. If your bottom is wider (elephant foot) your first layer might be too close or heated bed too hot. In Prusa-Slicer there is a compensation for elephant foot somewhere.
    yes, so far there are no problems with shrinkage, I haven’t even printed yet, I just need a setting for plastic pla
  • PLA setting ist just temperature as given in material docs. Maybe flow multiplier of 0.95 (or 95%). That is around a value you normally need, but is material and extruder dependent as it also can compensate wrong steps per mm of extruders. But for correct calibrated extruder you normally end somewhere at that value.