Multiple Files

I upload my gcode usually to the default, Then I move them to the group I want for easy organization.

Sometimes I'll slice a bunch of files and send them to the printer THENM move those files to the appropriate group.

Recently I had to delete and recreate a printer after a firmware upgrade. Not sure why I had, but it was an easy enough task.

The hard part came in when I had to move all the gcodes to groups. Unfortunately I didn't copy the modelgroups.json so my group settings were gone. With quite a few files it took a while to click, summary, group, close for so many files.

Is there a way to move multiple files at one to a group? If not, can this be implemented?

Comments

• If you have pro version you can use  Repetier-Server Monitor. There files are checkable and hence there is a move marked to group function for quick move.
  • Is there a possibility of adding subgroups in Repetier-Server Monitor?

Something Like

Default Group
               -------------> Subgroup 1 (Product)
                       -----------------> Subgroup 2 (Separate Pieces of Product)

The only reason I don't use the feature is that the products I sell are composed of multiple pieces that are assembled after printing. Without subgroups it gets too confusing having 100's of gcode files in one subgroup

As always, your product is awesome and I couldn't imagine running my print farm without it.

Joe
  • Sorry but model system structure does not allow subgroups. This can only be solved a mayor change. Only way at the moment would be using projects - here your main group could be a folder having multiple projects as sub element.
  • Thank you.

• Repetier said:
    If you have pro version you can use  Repetier-Server Monitor. There files are checkable and hence there is a move marked to group function for quick move.
    I knew i saw it somewhere. I thought it was Repetier Host.

Thanks again!