which slicer to use

Hi all,
I have Repetier Server pro latest version running on a Raspberry Pi3. Love it! Which slicer are you using and how do I install said slicer on my Pi?

Thank You

Comments

• A slicer inside server is planned and will come with an update when available. Until then you should install a slicer on your pc and slice there and just upload the sliced gcode. My favourite free slicer is Prusa Slicer, but any slicer you like will do as long as it generates gcode for your printer firmware.
  • Repetier said:
    A slicer inside server is planned and will come with an update when available. Until then you should install a slicer on your pc and slice there and just upload the sliced gcode. My favourite free slicer is Prusa Slicer, but any slicer you like will do as long as it generates gcode for your printer firmware.
    thank you, I hope Repetier is going to add the slicer soon. I would love to just use my iPad Pro and use the slicer on my Repetier server. Accessing Repetier Server from my iPad is so nice and so easy. What is the best thing is that it feels just like I am using an iPad native app. I have an old 2011 Mac book pro. I am going to try either Slic3r or Repetier Host. I have been using Simplify3D. I liked it up to now when it just is not slicing my stl files correctly.
  • Gudday,

Does anyone have an update on the planned 'Slicer inside server' feature?

Is it still going to be a feature?

Any help appreciated.

Hooroo
  • Yes still planned and next big thing we are already working on.
  • Fantastic.. I'd be happy to beta test any slicing software.. any updates?

Hooroo