Temporary DNS error

I see that log in Problem Solver.

[22.10.2021 01:05:22] : error in postRequest:DNS error: Temporary DNS error while resolving: licence.internetloesungen.com

Should I be worry?

Comments

• Hello. If you using the pro Version, can you register and deregister the licence key?
    Which OS are you using? And which version of Repetier-Server?
  • At least at that moment you were not connected to internet so resolving failed. Nothing to worry regarding functionality. Only if you are registering pro version the connection is required.
  • edited October 2021
    I m pro user. The licence key are ON. I went to check the latest version of the software and it was able to connect successfully. It runs on a Wi-Fi connected raspberry pi 3. Repetier 1.2.0

I will restart the server when prints finish. I will keep you informed

• Maybe it was not connected to internet at startup of pi and later it was connected so you could activate pro key. Actually since you are on pro it worked at least at that time, so don't think it is a real problem.
  • Me again.
    The problem persists on my Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.

What I have noticed is that after a few weeks, apparently the license has been lost leaving the installation blank. I had to enter the menu and activate the license again to restore everything.

After restarting the license problem was fixed, but the warning message keeps appearing.
    If I access the address from my PC it says: "License server is reachable!"

It is strange because while the message says that it is [06.11.2021 15:45:25] it is really 18:35. The time difference is GMT-3 but the 10 minute difference is strange.
  • > What I have noticed is that after a few weeks, apparently the license has been lost leaving the installation blank. I had to enter the menu and activate the license again to restore everything.
    Do you mean there is no license number at all? Even if you deactivate the license the code stays there. Only if the /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/key.sql file gets deleted you loose your license. If that happened, your file system on sd card got corrupted. That might also explain why the network time protocol daemon is not working correctly causing the time difference. Also wrong time can prevent accessing license server since certificates have a valid time range and if you are outside due to wrong time the certificate is not valid. So a date of january will make it impossible. 10 minutes difference should be no problem I think.

Anyhow, I think you should backup your configuration and create a new sd card from fresh image and restore backup (using Repetier-Server Monitor or backing up /var/lib/Repetier-Server manually).

Also make sure to always shut down pi before unpowering - not doing so has always the chance to corrupt the file system unrepairable.
  • Repetier said:
    > What I have noticed is that after a few weeks, apparently the license has been lost leaving the installation blank. I had to enter the menu and activate the license again to restore everything.
    Do you mean there is no license number at all? Even if you deactivate the license the code stays there. Only if the /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/key.sql file gets deleted you loose your license. If that happened, your file system on sd card got corrupted. That might also explain why the network time protocol daemon is not working correctly causing the time difference. Also wrong time can prevent accessing license server since certificates have a valid time range and if you are outside due to wrong time the certificate is not valid. So a date of january will make it impossible. 10 minutes difference should be no problem I think.

Anyhow, I think you should backup your configuration and create a new sd card from fresh image and restore backup (using Repetier-Server Monitor or backing up /var/lib/Repetier-Server manually).

Also make sure to always shut down pi before unpowering - not doing so has always the chance to corrupt the file system unrepairable.
    I think you're right. After that problem, a printer profile was corrupted and I had to reload it.

Maybe I need a fresh installation.

Buuuuut. The DNS message appears on two different devices. Both come from 3 or 4 versions back in age. Maybe that's it.

• I checked several PIs and also had some of them. But that is a linux/network problem. It happen when we try to resolve a name and at that time there is no internet reachable or no nameserver set. On an early stage diretly after/while booting it might just that dhcp had not delivered nameser/network info yet. Especially if after all is started it sees updates or can activate this is nothing to worry about. Only if that is happening while powered and you are connected to it and your home network is in internet, it would be a reason to see why it can not resolve names. But as I understand during normal operation it is working.