GUI Server Upgrade

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to update the management interface, using the same interface currently used for "monitor server repeater".

I saw that Vue + Electron was used, so updating shouldn't be complicated by AngularJS.

It would be interesting to have only the printer management part which is better than the current version included in the server; also updating the remote management graphics.

For the entire server and backup management part, it can safely remain on the current monitoring application; which server side is not needed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Not really sure what you want. You want some parts of the regular GUI inside monitor or the other way around?

Printer management in server is not possible to transfer. It requires a node server as well - monitor is not just a webpage with included chrome, it also has backend for things not possible in chrome directly.
  • Repetier said:
    Not really sure what you want. You want some parts of the regular GUI inside monitor or the other way around?

Printer management in server is not possible to transfer. It requires a node server as well - monitor is not just a webpage with included chrome, it also has backend for things not possible in chrome directly.
    Hi Repetier,

I wanted to know if it was possible to migrate the server graphics to Vue JS like the one you made on the monitor for local printer management.

And if it was possible to have the "modules/front2/app/app.html" module updated in Vue JS as well.

Thanks.
  • This is no quick task. The conversion is planned as a major upgrade but we are still extending V1, so no idea when that exactly will happen and how exactly it will look like then. Vue JS is our favourite, but then V3 based.