Upgrade --- Is it worth it?

Home built printer named Moody Blue on Ramps 1.4/Mega 2560, DRV8825 
Been running on Repetier 092 for 5 years now. This machine is nicely "dialed in" and trouble free. Print quality is very good.
I have a spare Mega 2560 and I tried to run V1.04, using on-line configurator. But I am having troubles with homing and gave up in the end.

Question is: Given that my printer is older technology, Ramps/Mega and basic stepper drivers , will there REALLY be a worthwhile  improvement in PRINT QUALITY with an upgrade?

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Jannie

Comments

• No, print quality will be more or less identical. 1.0.4 has some more functions, but the motion simulated is more or less identical. For better quality you need 32 bit board and better stepper drivers with higher resolution. Best with V2 firmware but that is even harder to configure as it has no config tool at all.
  • Repetier said:
    No, print quality will be more or less identical. 1.0.4 has some more functions, but the motion simulated is more or less identical. For better quality you need 32 bit board and better stepper drivers with higher resolution. Best with V2 firmware but that is even harder to configure as it has no config tool at all.
    Thanks. Much appreciated. Will look into things. Thanks too for all your input.