Repetier-Server 1.0.4 not responding to lowercase g-code

Hi,
I'm having a problem in that I cannot send lowercase gcode to my printer via Repetier-Host.
The only information I can find that pertains to this problem is 6 years old and refers to v0.60.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers.

Printer firmware: Marlin 1.1.9
Server version: 1.0.4, Windows
Host version: 2.1.3, 2.2.2, Windows

Comments

• Correct G-Code is upper case! That said normally host and marlin understand also lowercase. So what does the log say? Enable echo in debug options to see what marlin sees and ack in log to see if you get any response and commands to see what really gets send.
  • curator23 said:
    Hi,
    I'm having a problem in that I cannot send lowercase gcode to my printer via Repetier-Host.
    The only information I can find that pertains to this problem is 6 years old and refers to v0.60.
    Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers.

Printer firmware: Marlin 1.1.9
    Server version: 1.0.4, Windows
    Host version: 2.1.3, 2.2.2, Windows
    Same on PrusaFirmware 3.10.0. There should be a lower-to-upper letters converter at least for the console commands, like in OctoPrint. 
  • If the firmware requires a uppercase syntax and the commands contains lowercase letters, the commands are invalid.

It doesn't make sente to put everything in uppercase, because some firmwares or the server itself do use case sensitive commands, which can contain lowercase letters. 
  • But there is way to distinguish between G-code and other commands.
  • Not really. E.g. Pruse has suddenly introduced Tc and Tx so here uppercase TX and TC would not work.In M117 the text must not be changed. But firmware developer have the tendency to do what they like, so even if we know what one firmware wanted at some point (which will not include all existing forks), we can not guarantee that a future firmware will not change it. If firmware wants to parse lowercase they would write it there. We are a sender to send what user says and need to be as future proof as possible. Plus we work with different firmwares all wanting something different. So we do not want to risk problems from this.