Not seeing preview during print

Hi all, I have a DaVinci 1.0 that has had its firmware replaced with Repetier (1.0 or thereabouts).  It is printing fine, but I want to see the animation of the extruder during the print.  In the Manual Control screen, I only see part of one layer.
"Disable Quality Reduction" under "Behavior" is turned off
What am I missing?

Comments

• Hi all, I have a DaVinci 1.0 that has had its firmware replaced with Repetier (1.0 or thereabouts).  It is printing fine, but I want to see the animation of the extruder during the print.  In the Manual Control screen, I only see part of one layer.
    What am I missing?
    I turned on "Disable Quality Reduction" under "Behavior" during the print... Do I need to start the print with this enabled?
  • Hi all, I have a DaVinci 1.0 that has had its firmware replaced with Repetier (1.0 or thereabouts).  It is printing fine, but I want to see the animation of the extruder during the print.  In the Manual Control screen, I only see part of one layer.
    What am I missing?
    I turned on "Disable Quality Reduction" under "Behavior" during the print... Do I need to start the print with this enabled?
    So I learned that  "Disable Quality Reduction" only goes into effect on a new print
  • > So I learned that  "Disable Quality Reduction" only goes into effect on a new print
    Correct. You should also know that quality reduction gets activated to protect print if framerate and hence communication speed drops down to much. If it drops too low and oyu want it on you should use Repetier-Server as print server instead of direct connection. That way frame rate does not affect quality.