Temp changes do not change in Gcode

edited April 2021 in Slic3r
If I make changes to my filament temps in Slic3r Configuration, save changes, then slice with the newly created settings. Then go to G Code editor to check the code before starting the print the temp settings do not show the correct temps as I have created.

As an example my Configuration for Filament Settings show Extruder 1st layer =  265, Bed 1st layer= 100

G Code editor after slice

M190 S115: set bed temperature and wait for it to be reached
M104 S270: set temperature

How do I make changes in my configuration take affect? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Repetier Host, it seems to not completely uninstall with the installer. After reinstall Host still has the previously created configurations as well as the same behavior.

Windows 10 Repetier Host V2.1.6

Comments

• Make sure the filament settings you changed in slic3r is the same setting set in host in slicer tab!
  • Pretty sure I did as you say. I made temp changes to Slic3r/filament settings from the Configuration button in the Host Slicer tab. Then sliced with the profile just created ans saved. Open G Code editor to check and see incorrect temp settings. If I go ahead and print the printer follows the G Code temps.

I have been trying all day to upload screenshots of my Slicer settings and Gcode, but unable to get a link to the OneDrive file. Another issue to resolve. I'll show a link asap.
  • You can also use e.g- imgur.com to share images.
  • Thank You, I had given up on photo hosting sites since Photobucket went bad. Lost a lot of photos because of their rediculess cost structure change.

Anyway here is a screenshot of the filament temps in Host/Slicer/Slic3r/filament

Here is a screenshot of the G Code tab
  • Strange thing. Tried to change it my self and it was not coped just like in your case. I saw a setting I did not like in print settings, so changed and saved it and then filament changes were used. After that I changed filament settings again and they were copied again correctly, so can not reproduce it after this on print save.

Can you check if the same happens to you? One reason might be that print contained filament settings as well so these were used, also they should not contain them. Question is than how did they come into that file. It can happen if you copy a full ini file with temperatures to that folder instead of the print part only. Host just mixes the config files for slicer.
  • Thank you.

The first was just an  example of what the issue is. It was a Benchy STL that I got off Thingaverse. I loaded a different STL into Repetier, made a change in my Slicer/Configuration/Print Settings, Saved then Sliced. Checked G Code and the temps are the same as shown above. 115 bed, 270 nozzle.

I then went back into Slicer/Configuration/Filament and changed the temps Saved/Sliced again. same results. No change in temperature.

I went back and loaded 1 more STL file just before posting. Sliced with the same settings. Opened G Code Editor and see the same incorrect temps. So it seeems to be an issue with my Slic3r or Repetier install rather than the downloaded STL files. Unless that is what is expected from Thingaverse files. IDK maybe.

Here is a copy of one of the files I downloaded. Not the benchy, this is the second one I tried. Much smaller file.

Not sure if that link will work. It is a zip file that is saved in my OneDrive.

• I just went back to Repetier, loaded the same small STL as in the link above. Used Cura Slicer. I first went into Cura Slicer settings and set my temps. Saved Sliced. Checked my G Code in G Code editor. Do not see the expected temps again. Although I am not at all familiar with Cura. But I did look for M190 and M104 also M109. None of those had expected temperatures.

That was just an experiment might not mean anything. But I did not see expected temps.

Strange I agree.
  • With slic3r I mean to edit your selected print configuration and safe it again. That is when it stopped making that strange problem for me. It is not stl dependent. It must be in the slic3r config files and since I saved it again it was rewritten without the problem causing it.
  • I guess that I don't understand what you mean. Isn't what you suggest what I did?

"I loaded a different STL into Repetier, made a change in my Slicer/Configuration/Print Settings, Saved then Sliced. Checked G Code and the temps are the same as shown above. 115 bed, 270 nozzle."

Or do you mean for me to make changes somewhere else?

I'm about ready to completely uninstall Repetier and reinstall it again. Is there a way to completely remove it? I did an uninstall previously and when I reinstalled it still had my old filament and printer settings, so I don't think that the uninstall was complete. I am hoping that a clean install will fix this strange behavior.

• I have been trying all day to upload screenshots of my Slicer settings and Gcode, but unable to get a link to the OneDrive file. Another issue to resolve. I'll show a link asap.

• Yes changing print and safe is what i proposed.

Uninstalling does not help since it does not delete slic3r configs. These are stored under HOME/AppData/Roaming/Slic3r so renaming that folder is enough to start with new slicer settings.
  • Very good. I will rename and see what happens. Seems like I will still have to reinstall Repetier to get the Slic3r back into Repetier. I will see.
  • I uninstalled Repetier, found the folders in Windows Explorer that were left after the uninstall. Renamed them to old. Then reinstalled Repetier. On first opening of Repetier I got the Wizard so I followed through with it and left the temps at the default temps. I then opened the Slic3r settings and made changes to the Print Settings and Filament Settings and saved them both with the date as it's name. I then sliced the same BaseCap file that I have been using previously with the settings that I had just created. After slice I checked the GCode and the temps reflect the temps created by the wizard not the temps that I had just set in Slic3r. The wizard settings are saved as "My Settings" my newly created settings are both saved as "4-21-21"

After the first failure I closed the Repetier and opened it again tried again with the new settings and same thing it still continues to use the wrong temps.

Here are the folders that I renamed,

C/program files/ Repetier-Hostold

C/Users/Ron/AppData/Roaming

Curaold
    PrussaSlicerold
    Slic3rold
    Slic3rPEold
  • Well I did some more testing. I installed Repetier Host V2.1.6 on a different computer. Made 3 different Filament setting profiles in Slic3r. So those 3 and default gave me 4 different Filament (temp) settings. I also made proper changes in the Printer Settings button at the top of Repetier. I set the Max Extruder temp at 290, and Max Bed temp at 110.

I then loaded a .stl file and sliced with all 4 different temp settings. Checked the GCode each time and the temps were as expected. All 4 were correct temps. I then loaded the .stl that I have been using previously mentioned above in the thread. Sliced that .stl with the 4 different temp profiles and again they all worked correctly.

So it seems that there is something being left after I uninstall Repetier and rename the folders mentioned above that is fouling a fresh install of Repetier. Looks like I need to know hot to completely remove Repetier and all of the files and folders that come with it to get a "clean" start with a fresh install.
  • Check in Slicer->Manager if you have set a different path for slicer configs. If empty slic3r uses C/Users/Ron/AppData/Roaming/Slic3r - host just reads from that folder. In host registry only the selected profile is stored. So just change the profile and you force host to store a different one. On host uninstall it asks also to remove registry entries, but it will leave Slic3r configs since that is an independent software.