is it possible to set 1 fps time lapse ?

I want a snapshot at every layer but the lowest option is 10 fps ? 

Comments

• edited April 2021
    e.framerates=[{v:10,n:"10 fps"},{v:12,n:"12 fps"

e.framerates=[{v:1,n:"1 fps"},{v:10,n:"10 fps"

/usr/local/Repetier-Server/www/js/app-min.js
  • The MJPG framerate settings have nothing to do with timelapse speed. In printer -> webcam->timelapse you define when to make a snapshot.
  • edited April 2021
    yes but I only get every 10th snapshot showing because the lowest setting was 10fps ? 

I am wanting image on every layer not based on print time 

ie) @ 10 FPS 4 hrs 400 layers being 40 sec footage ,
    if I was doing 60fps it was only 6 second video ?

also how can video files be recovered ? I had a print stop for unknown reason and lost footage of the initial part of the print and only got the footage from when I resumed it? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZNGGSxNP6ntz4S4mjfYr3W7TxUxgsq4/view?usp=sharing

also anyway to have a Overlay showing temps / Z height ? possibly speeds ? on the video footage 

• Ok, small misunderstanding. I thought you meant the mjpg fps setting, but you mean the setting for conversion. I can add 5 and 1 as well to list for those wanting a slow and long video:-)

There is no way to recover/combine images from different prints. Continuing a print that lost connection is for the timelapse system a new print - in fact it is a new print just skipping the starting part. If you do not delete images after video creation you might be able to make a new video or combine both videos with a tool. That's all I could think of. Maybe I get an idea in future on how to better detect recovered prints, but actually I do not even know where the previous print would be. I could assume the last one stored and would be correct, except if timelapse was enabled later. So always some edge cases.

Overlays are not possible except a static image you define with watermark. On my future list with low urgency.

• ok would be good to help find what z layer was being printed when it fails 

using Bowen system and having filament issues from all the long retractions the teeth eat up the filament and it stops feeding  , leaving me having to guess what layer to restart ;

even after modifying the webpage to do 1fps it does not seem to be recording all the frames still  185 layers = 21sec  instead of 185 sec , if I could get every frame to represent 1 layer I would know where to resume prints from 

• 185 layers = 21sec is very fast. That could be faster than the webcam can deliver and safe. To protect the print new webcam images are only stored if the previous image is already finished. So that only works if you slow down print or have bigger objects to print.

The bowden stuff is really a problem. It acts like a spring so increased ways are necessary and with many retracts you flatten the filament. You need to reduce pressure in filament drive close to where it starts to slip to improve that. Reduce retract to absolute minimum which means ensure bowden is as short as possible without bending too much. 
  • edited April 2021
    I had a print stop for unknown reason 
    nothing in logs 
    nothing showing in message que unsure if server rebooted or not but its showing uptime 9 days ? 

printer was reporting  finished and steppers were disabled heaters all hot and part being melted 

when I worked out its z and edited gcode to resume (deleting all lines prior to the current layer height )

the reprint kept throwing these errors 

Recv: 8:14:48.863: Error:checksum mismatch, Last Line: 650706
    Recv: 8:14:48.864: Resend: 650707
    Recv: 8:14:53.860: Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 651036
    Recv: 8:14:53.863: Resend: 651037
    Recv: 8:14:54.876: Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 651081
    Recv: 8:14:54.876: Resend: 651082
    Recv: 8:14:55.883: Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 651146
    Recv: 8:14:55.884: Resend: 651147
    Recv: 8:15:10.877: Error:checksum mismatch, Last Line: 651412
    Recv: 8:15:10.877: Resend: 651413

• You know that our rescue system does exactly that - I mean skipping all lines known to be printed and set correct temperatures etc. Plus it would reposition xy if you want outside print. It writes a rescue log for this so we know which parts were already send.

With 9 days up time linux did not reboot. Maybe server it self had restarted, check server.log for this. If your memory is full linux starts closing apps on it's own, but I have printed longer then 9 days without increase of memory so that normally does not happen. 

Now the errors happen quite frequent - this normally happens when you send more that firmware can cache in it's input buffer. Hope you are already on 1.0.4 - in config there is a test for communication that tests different buffers and ping pong for speed and errors. It normally shows from which size on you can expect these errors. Just select a buffer size where they do not happen. Only strange thing is that I normally would expect them also for the first print or better said on any print. Only if you manage to reconnect without resetting printer (since heaters were on reset did not happen) then maybe you are off by chance by one line somehow. So try reconnecting again and do a test if it still happens. Server only counts from connection and does not know what was in buffer at startup also that normally is no problem.