Suddenly Z probing does not work anymore

Hello, I have everything Repetier (Host, Server, Firmware), my firmware is the last version. Was happy, my printer was eating rolls of ASA filament all day long. Suddenly, today, wanting to redo my Z auto leveling, as on the last print there was a slight issue with the first layer, i noticed that it was not stopping as soon as the led on the induction probe was ON. On the contrary, it goes down on the bed without stopping.

I emphasis on the fact that it WAS working fine.

I tried to reduce Z_Probe_Height, from 2.0 to 0.5, no changes. Really wondering what could have been happening and what do I need to do to be able to print again? I badly need that printer to print.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Well, after investigating a bit more, I discover that, even if the led goes on, the signal does not reach the board, as even if the led is on, M119 still display Z state as L. Is it possible for this kind of probe to just die? I double checked all the wiring, looks just fine. Any idea?

• As long as you don't have a bltouch M119 should show the right signal. bl touch only keeps it for 10ms so hard to get timing manually. Since it worked there is a failure in hardware I guess. If you have a multimeter, measure at the pin on board if signal changes voltage when triggering. Then you know if cables are ok. Still the pin might be defect, but you can then use a different pin and recompile firmware for that pin.
  • Repetier said:
    As long as you don't have a bltouch M119 should show the right signal. bl touch only keeps it for 10ms so hard to get timing manually. Since it worked there is a failure in hardware I guess. If you have a multimeter, measure at the pin on board if signal changes voltage when triggering. Then you know if cables are ok. Still the pin might be defect, but you can then use a different pin and recompile firmware for that pin.
    That's basically what I did. I checked with a multimeter and realized the signal wire from the probe was not having a good contact. So I made that nice, and it works perfectly ! Sorry to have thought it might have to do with the firmware, when it was just my fault !