Unable to use second extruder

Hello all

I have a XYZ davinci 2 duo that was working well using the 2 extruders with the stock firmware. I successfully printed 2 color parts several times.

Then I reflashed it and now I am using repetier host for windows version 1.5.4 with slic3r 1.2.9

On repetier Host I see two assignable extruders where I can assign the objects I load to the extruder I want to use.

Then I slice and print but the da vinci only heats and uses extruder one even if I assigned extruder 2 before slicing

On the da vinci I can clean, load, anything on extruder 2 so it is recognized by the da vinci repetier firmware and by repetier host but it just does not print using extruder 2

Please advice.

THANK YOU

Rod Magnus

Comments

• Pleas update host. There was a problem with slic3r not using the extruder selected but always starting at extruder 1. This has been fixed since 1.5.5 I think, so that might be th eproblem.

CuraEngine still starts with extruder 1 and can not use only extruder 2.
  • thank you!
  • worked!  finally, thanks again

• Will this fixed with cura? I was able to run it one time with extruder 2 only, however it was possible :-/
    Is this a problem of cura or Repetier Host?
    I don't want to change the filament every time I want to use the other color :-(
    Is there a work around e.g. edit G-Code simply before starting printing?

Thank you.
  • CuraEngine want the files as stl and first file is T0. So using only last extruder is the problem with this system. You could have a configuration with T1 in start gcode so it still uses second extruder instead.
  • I have the same issue with my flashed Duo, Host keeps faulting on connect, pop up reads "Check API" Win 10 on an HP Inspiron. Since I own an MK3s I am proficient in Prusa Slicer so my hands are tied. I select Ext 2 on the slider and #2 never preheats or switches at the selected layer. When I try the single Ext change filament by pausing print and loading diff color the first layer of second color has a layer shift making print off centered. Cura gives me a brain concussion trying learn (I'm 72 yrs old btw) What am I missing with connecting to Host?
  • I have never seen a message "Check API" and even just searched host sources and it does not contain that message. So I wonder who is making the popup and where the content comes from. Maybe if you can show the complete message I can make sense out of it. Guess it comes somehow from serial driver when connection gets started since it not in our code. In that case I have no real idea what they want to say. 
    Have you ensured no one else is using the serial port? Also that normally returns a different message.
  • Repetier said:
    I have never seen a message "Check API" and even just searched host sources and it does not contain that message. So I wonder who is making the popup and where the content comes from. Maybe if you can show the complete message I can make sense out of it. Guess it comes somehow from serial driver when connection gets started since it not in our code. In that case I have no real idea what they want to say. 
    Have you ensured no one else is using the serial port? Also that normally returns a different message.
    After much reading over "How to Connect" I uninstalled Host & Server app and started from scratch, was able to connect and see printer but the learning curve is a little more then I expected. This too I will over come!