reproduceable connection issues on 1.01 with MK3S FW 3.8.1+ MMU2S

edited January 2021 in Repetier-Server
I've upgraded from 0.92.3 straight to 1.0.1 and could not ge one successful print on that version.
I'm using a PI3 to run repetier server with the supplied image.
What I'm seeing are multiple flavours of communication errors mostly RX buffer full, oftentimes also printer looses connection - a reconnect of the repetier server gets the printer in a reboot loop. Printer always fails the connection test in printer settings.
Downgrading to 0.92.3 instantly fixed the issue - no connection on the old version at all.

Comments

• ACETyr said:
    I've upgraded from 0.92.3 straight to 1.0.1 and could not ge one successful print on that version.
    I'm using a PI3 to run repetier server with the supplied image.
    What I'm seeing are multiple flavours of communication errors mostly RX buffer full, oftentimes also printer looses connection - a reconnect of the repetier server gets the printer in a reboot loop. Printer always fails the connection test in printer settings.
    Downgrading to 0.92.3 instantly fixed the issue - no connection on the old version at all.
    Last line should have been: Downgrading to 0.92.3 instantly fixed the issue - no connection ISSUES on the old version at all.
  • Strange. Just running a 13h print on same printer without problems so far just like the previous.

Only problems I know are that Tx and T? make problems and should be written like #Tx and #T? instead to get the correct handling of these non gcode commands.

Which input buffer size are you using? I run it with 127. Old versions reduce the buffer to 63 after the first 5 errors so that might be why they quickly stop producing that error when size is too high.
  • I'm running with input buffer 127.
  • Can you provide a log where that log happens? My print is finished without any problems.
  • Will be a few days, got several jobs to run before I can affort to start experimenting. I'll update this thread in a few days.