Add supports PrusaSlicer

Hi! PrusaSlicer has support linux-armv7l platform. What if do integrate PP into Repeiter-server (PP has support all of them platforms - Windows, Linux, Linux-armvl (for raspberrypi), Mac)? It can use with manager spools. In an printer you upload an stl. Repetier server see that spool is loading now applying settings for the spool, slicing and printing at the printer. Need add supports for changing the settings of the slicing if it need. What do you think about it?

Comments

• What is PP? Slicer support is planned and it it will be a modified version of prusa slicer. Modified since prusa slicer is optimized for local slicing and we only have web interface, so some improvements to transfer data are required. Plus we are using a different file format internally already that we need to tech it.
  • Repetier said:
    What is PP? Slicer support is planned and it it will be a modified version of prusa slicer. Modified since prusa slicer is optimized for local slicing and we only have web interface, so some improvements to transfer data are required. Plus we are using a different file format internally already that we need to tech it.
    I mean PS - PrusaSlicer (PP - not correct, sorry). PrusaSlicer can uses from CLI - if it can help to you. You can add I mean PS - PrusaSlicer (PP - not correct, sorry). PrusaSlicer can uses from CLI - if it can help for it. You can add supports import profile from desktop version PS. Want you add full version slicers with full 3D visualization support?

• Yes, thats why it is time consuming. We have already 3d visualization of objects move, scale etc. Now we need to rewrite slicer to have easy data transfer etc. But good thing is we will base an excellent slicing core that is known to give good results. All we want to add has to do with the special problems of web - slicer bridge.
  • edited December 2020
    Repetier said:
    Yes, thats why it is time consuming. We have already 3d visualization of objects move, scale etc. Now we need to rewrite slicer to have easy data transfer etc. But good thing is we will base an excellent slicing core that is known to give good results. All we want to add has to do with the special problems of web - slicer bridge.

Oh. It is very hard work. Thx!
    I intended to just use PS profiles, with the ability to edit them normally through a web page.

• No just using profiles is not good enough for what we want. Maybe for use on mobile to make it easy there but on a desktop it should allow more like adding modifiers etc. That is at least final target. I guess we release when some good stage is reached and then continue to add features until we have what we want.
  • edited December 2020
    Repetier said:
    No just using profiles is not good enough for what we want. Maybe for use on mobile to make it easy there but on a desktop it should allow more like adding modifiers etc. That is at least final target. I guess we release when some good stage is reached and then continue to add features until we have what we want.

I has an idea else. For example i has 50 3d printers and i need print 1 stl model on all of them (with differents spools on all of printers). I want upload an model to 1 printers (or in repetier monitor) and click copy on other printers (It has to be selectable) and it upload on all of them and sliced on all printers according to their spools and goto printing.

• user said:
    Repetier said:
    No just using profiles is not good enough for what we want. Maybe for use on mobile to make it easy there but on a desktop it should allow more like adding modifiers etc. That is at least final target. I guess we release when some good stage is reached and then continue to add features until we have what we want.

I has an idea else. For example i has 50 3d printers and i need print 1 stl model on all of them (with differents spools on all of printers). I want upload an model to 1 printers (or in repetier monitor) and click copy on other (It has to be selectable.) printers and it upload on all of them and sliced on all printers according to their spools and goto printing.

• In next release you can upload a gcode to a project and on a server instance start that on all selected printers. But multi slicing in parallel with different filaments is nothing we plan. It will use the settings you selected. Also will it partly use settings from the active printer since you will slice inside a printer so the printer is preselected. But of course generated code will work well on identical printers with same material.
  • edited December 2020
    Repetier said:
    In next release you can upload a gcode to a project and on a server instance start that on all selected printers. But multi slicing in parallel with different filaments is nothing we plan. It will use the settings you selected. Also will it partly use settings from the active printer since you will slice inside a printer so the printer is preselected. But of course generated code will work well on identical printers with same material.

Hello! I found another slicer with raspberry pi support (from version 4). It's based on cura and I like the way cura slices better than PS. I hope this helps.
    https://github.com/smartavionics/Cura/releases/