MKS SGen L board

Hello,
i am back again...with some new or old interesting problem.
I´ve a i3 Mega with a MKS SGen L board running on Marlin 2.0.6. This board takes a while to boot up. Really. Longer than my Mega X with the 3 monkey board.
After looking inside the console, i believe, i know what might be the problem.
Sometimes i can´t get a connection to the Repetier Server after powering up the printer. Even it´s on the server page shown as powered on (green). 
But i can see on the LCD the problem, because i don´t receive the IP adress from the server on the screen.
So, i do several on and offs. 
In the console is following stated:
Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1

sometimes it helps...but..

somtimes i get in the console the message:
Connection closed by os.

Then it´s over. It doesn´t get anything anymore. It stays red till...i reboot the RPi...everything comes back again.

Any ideas?

Following i´ve in the server.log
2020-12-02 14:09:17: error: Reading serial conection failed: End of file. Closing connection.
2020-12-02 14:09:17: Port closed for Anycubic i3 Mega S
2020-12-02 14:09:17: Connection closed: Anycubic i3 Mega S
and...many of these, around powering on
2020-12-02 14:29:33: MainRequestHandler::handleRequest:Assertion violation
2020-12-02 14:29:33: MainRequestHandler::handleRequest:Assertion violation

Comments

• then it is getting to the point of my last Discussion:
    https://forum.repetier.com/discussion/8273/raspberry-pi-4-long-term-issue#latest

it´s not rebooting and i have to power off the RPi. And sorry, i forget to check the values. which i promise check up the next time before rebooting. 
  • Can you show the full log from "start" until it says failed?
    What I learned during my recent tests is that marlin is a bit faking working state. It send "start" and then you see the splash screen on printer display. While it shows this it is not reading commands so it can time out. Next release will hence increase timeout at beginning. But question is if this is the case. You can set the boot screen time in marlin config. Default is 4 seconds.
  • Yes, that's what I mean... it's like connecting, disconnecting and connecting again. I'll anyway change the board soon. But thanks, I'll check it out and give a feedback.
  • 2020-12-02 14:03:18: error: Reading serial conection failed: End of file. Closing connection.
    2020-12-02 14:03:18: Port closed for Anycubic i3 Mega S
    2020-12-02 14:03:18: Connection closed: Anycubic i3 Mega S
    2020-12-02 14:03:33: Connection started: Anycubic i3 Mega S
    2020-12-02 14:03:33: Reset printer Anycubic i3 Mega S
    2020-12-02 14:03:43: No valid response seen within 10 seconds from printer, restarting connection
    2020-12-02 14:03:43: Port closed for Anycubic i3 Mega S
    2020-12-02 14:03:43: Connection closed: Anycubic i3 Mega S
    2020-12-02 14:03:45: Connection started: Anycubic i3 Mega S
    2020-12-02 14:03:45: Reset printer Anycubic i3 Mega S
  • But i was wondering it blocks completely the port. It´s dead and not waking up again. Even it gets crazy and won´t reboot. I needed to disconnect the power supply

• You should enable ack and commands so we see something happening:-)
    Which os are you using? Only windows blocks com port if used by a program. On all other os you just get garbage when 2 connect same time since every one gets some parts.

What I see so far:
    2020-12-02 14:03:18: error: Reading serial conection failed: End of file. Closing connection.
    os closed the connection so we could not read from it any more. Happens if you unplug, hit reset or if you have power problems on e.g. a pi (in that case see bolt menu and see if you had undervoltage).

2020-12-02 14:03:43: No valid response seen within 10 seconds from printer, restarting connection
    Means we did not see start or ok or wait for 10 seconds. If printer resets it sends start immediately. Since you sometimes succeed to connect I have to assume firmware, baudrate is ok. Some boards only send commands for a special dtr/rts combination. On the other side you have always same position at end and if it sometimes connects it must be a working combo. 

So in total a bit confusing why it does not work. If you have a reset button on board try pressing that when you have problems and see if it improves. When I sometimes had a connect loop that normally helped. Especially if connecting does not reset the board.
  • Good morning. This was a log file from the RPi server. There is a possibility to add ack and commands to the Logfile?
    Yes, it's a RPi but with a 3A power supply.The power supply via USB is off, because I removed the pin1 of the USB cable (older boards, lol). The funny thing is that it happens after RPi is running over a certain time. In between I'm printing a few days and switch both printers on and off. Only this one is messing around and I've tried 10-20 times switching on and off, even using the reset.
    First time I saw that message on the Pi in the repetier console, that it disconnects the USB, with a message.
    Good, I'll exchange on another printer the mainboard. If the SKR is working there I've still another SKR board to change the MKS board.
    But thanks for your help.
  • Thought it was copied from console. In log (connected.log) you always have everything. So if there was nothing the board was not sending anything then. But I still would have expected to see the commands server sends.
  • Ok, my fault,yes, it was from the server log. But the first I've copied from the console (manually). Next time I'll check this Logfile.