Ender 3 V2 not working

Comments

• I'm looking for it in the Repetier Server product, so that will release this month still?  Setting up a new farm of only Ender 3 V2's, already built a 3rd pi and installed repetier server but was hoping it would be ready to use with the update so the bug is gone...
  • For pi you can already download the beta which has fixed the bug. Just replace in download link 0.94.3 with 0.94.4 and install manually. Version is already feature complete and now we are in testing mode.
  • Same for Linux? My Rep-Srv ist not running on a pi but on a debian host :)
  • All linux betas are generated with same script so they are always at same development stage, so yes should work.
  • So, after trying the correct link for amd64 and not armhf <span>:smile:</span> I installed the upgrade AND....
    the temperature on Ender 3 V2 is working now very good.

Thanks you
  • I applied the upgrade and it really breaks things badly FYI.  Trying to revert back now!
  • ok reverted back and things are working again.  New version on pi did NOT work correctly at all!  UI was hanging up on home screen, something is super wrong for sure.
  • Thanks. Already discovered that adding configs is not working in latest update. Looks like latest changes are not causing problems.
  • I updated to the new version on pi using the directions you provided in this thread.  After doing so, when I attempted to print something, the main page stopped refreshing when you clicked the home button and if you refreshed the page only the top banner would appear and not the rest.  You also couldn't get to the printers etc.  Oddly, some of the links like the menus for about Repetier and troubleshooting would render, but settings and such would not.  If I restarted the pi it would come back until I attempted to print again...  All I did was upgrade in between, no other changes were made.  I tested this on 2 out of 3 of my pi's and both tests were printing to Ender 3 V2's.  Reverting seems to have cleared things up.
  • Please use the newest release I just updated. I found a dead lock especially under higher higher load that was added with last beta update. Now I have removed it and in my tests it did not lock any more so far. Just make sure to use the latest update. wget renames files when old version still is on sd card.
  • ok I'll give it a shot and let you know...
  • Repetier said:
    Please use the newest release I just updated. I found a dead lock especially under higher higher load that was added with last beta update. Now I have removed it and in my tests it did not lock any more so far. Just make sure to use the latest update. wget renames files when old version still is on sd card.
    Same version number though?

sudo dpkg -i Repetier-Server-0.94.4-Linux.deb
    rm Repetier-Server-0.94.4-Linux.deb
  • FYI upgraded again and it still freezes so no worky!
  • Thanks. Will continue to test and hope to see another reason.
  • Repetier said:
    Thanks. Will continue to test and hope to see another reason.
    Ok let me know.  Basically it became unusable once I tried to print something.  Until then it seemed ok.
  • Yes, actually I forgot to fix the sending from gcode part. That is now fixed and now we are checking our self. On prusa mini we seem to get some problems after a while but reason is not clear. Maybe it just did not update correctly since it happened at same spot. Will run more checks.
  • so i finally got a chance to poke around in the e3V2 firmware that ender posted to their site, in the configuration_adv.h file, line 1597, they have the tx buffer size set to zero.... I'm wondering if that's the issue... I'm having a hard time compiling to do a test run, and, well, I'm kinda tired tonight, so probably not going to fight any more, hopefully get time on the weekend to see what could come of it, or possibly, someone else may jump in and giver....
  • No the buffer size is not really the problem. I think they want to write temperatures to 2 serials like when using a lcd display with serial communication. But what happens is that that all writes are repeated twice on same serial. So maybe there is a logic error to not switch serial. I wonder if other commands also get double output since writes are global functions, just there are flags to which serial to write.
  • When will it be safe to try again?

• The problem is fixed now. We only register a problem with PrusaMini with non ping-pong mode. But that seems to be a problem of the prusa loosing read position on errors. Other marlin based firmwares have no problems with our high load tests. If you have let me know and if possible provide a log when it happens.
  • ok I'll give it a go, same version number and everything as before?
  • Yes an dit won't change version for official release, so remember to update when final version is ready. Still some minor things I already detected - but they are also wrong in older versions.
  • Ok so it's not broken anymore, but it's still not quite working right.  I'm playing with it more, but something isn't right with how it's showing temp data, at least in the graphs on the home page.
  • So when they first start up data comes in, but after a few minutes it just kind of stops and never resumes.  It's really no worse this way and at least at the beginning I can see things heating up which is good, but there are definitely still issues with the way the data is being brought in.
  • Ok, good to hear that temperature fix is working.

Can you provide a log of the problem you get later? Still testing handling of errors.
  • What logs do you need?  Specific instructions would help...
  • At first the log of the print would help, especially the last lines where you see how the problem happened. Also question is what needs to be done to make it print again, e.g. disconnecting usb and reconning does it help? We have a switch to do that automatically on timeout for linux since that is in deed something sometimes happens with some drivers - so not a server error but makes it impossible to communicate if it happens.
  • Oh no you misunderstood.  Printing works great, zero issues.  The status updates for temp like the graph on the home screen etc. isn't working.  It just goes for a little bit and then just stops updating.  Otherwise it's fine.
  • I just watched, looks like it graphs for 2 minutes and then just stops...
  • Does this still happen in V1.0.0 released today with the ender fix? If you use the old version it might be that after 2 minutes the ender temperature bug kicks in that we now fix. It would cause temperatures to be not recogniced any more.