FLSUN QQ-S running Repetier firmware?

I got an information that my FLSUN QQ-S printer (32 bit miniRambo board I think) came actually with Repetier firmware. Is that possible? I thought it was Marlin. Is there any easy way to check that? On the card, there were some binary files and the configuration.h file, I do not have them at hand at the moment. Thanks!

Comments

• https://ultimachine.com/products/mini-rambo-1-3 describes it as Arduino Mega board, not 32 bit and compatible with Rambo board, so yes, it is possible. When you run after connection
    M115
    you should see what it is. Also the configuration.h file would show it easily.
  • edited April 2020
    Thanks, I will check.

Edit: I actually messed up the name - it is MKS ROBIN MINI (not Rambo).
  • Then I think it is marlin firmware.
  • Yes, that is what I thought too. Someone of FB told me it is Repetier this morning, that is why I am confused. I will post the result here later today.
  • We have no official support for that board. Depending on which STM32 chip it contains we could add it to V firmware, but surely not in V1.
  • So it says it has Robin as FIRMWARE_NAME.
  • Which does not mean anything since it is easy to change name string in open source firmware. I know marlin supports the board while we don't so I guess it is Marlin. Especially if you see no REPETIER_PROTOCOL in M115 output.
  • edited August 2020
    As the discussion have been up on the Flsun QQ-S board too I did some research and evidence points at it actually is a Repetier based firmware. I did a strings on the binary and among other things I found an interesting string 'moveRelativeDistanceInSteps' 
    As I do not get any non Repetier related links with this function it is pretty sure that they have used Repetier when making that firmware.
    It is still there in latest mks robin mini fw but that is relative old, https://github.com/makerbase-mks/MKS-Robin-mini/tree/master/mks%20firmware

Recently MKS have started beeing more open so now they make Marlin based firmwares and contribute to it also so current boards are Marlin based and fully open source.

Oh, and M115 doesn't help as they only say FIRMWARE_NAME: Robin
  • Maybe the copied parts of our motion code. But as I said the chip is not supported in V1 and you also need the sources to configure the firmware. So a simple binary would not help.

M115 is in deed not a good test as you can change the name there.
  • To add to this discussion, I had been in contact with FLSUN tech support about the issue of USB printing on the FLSUN QQ-s printer.  FLSUN ONLY supports USB printing using the Repetier Host software as that is the only software they have a driver for so I think that also helps decide that they are indeed probably using the Repetier firmware?
  • Serial drivers which is what is needed do not depend on host software. Maybe they have a package bundle with host and their driver. But once the usb driver is installed it should work with any host supporting the used firmware and also repetier-server.
  • I can confirm that the QQ-S works flawlessly with repetier-server running on Linux Mint. I really like the options to adjust flow and speed in almost real time.
  • Hey @Jaroslav
    which settings do you use to connect the printer to the Repetier-Server?
  • I will check when I am at home on the LAN. There were no special settings needed, I only had to pay attention to the ID of the USB, because I have three printers connected to the server.
  • Here is my configuration file - I can see there could be some improvements made, but I have used this for more than half a year.