BONDTECH QR EXTRUDER

2»

Comments

• Ok. I'll check that and come back to you. And thank you for your help.

• Hello,
    Can u help me about this please:

I have four NEMA23 Stepper Motors 2303HS200AW-175oz-2.00A And one NEMA23 Stepper Motors 2315HS300AW-345oz-3A.

My question is how to adjust the right current. Because when I saw the documentation and I arrived to the features of RAPS128 I found Out that motor current is btw 0 to 2.2A!

And in my case I have 4A for each axis (Y and Z). And 3A for X axis...!

Cause when I asked the supplier about if I can use two motors for Y since RADDS card let you do that about Z. He answered by yes provided by not pass 5A!

PS:
    I know the way to do the adjusting . What I don't know is the right value of current I should put since I have 4A, 4A and 3A and RAPS128 (0 to 2.2A)

Thank you.

• edited November 2020
    you won´t get the single 3A motor to perform correct with your drivers , but may be it´s strong enough @ 2A
    the only way to get two 2A motors operate correct with one driver would be to wire them serial and adjust @ 2A.
    what the supplier mentioned is simply wrong .
    The absolute maximum rating is 2.2A

serial wiring can make trouble @ low operation voltage , whats your operation voltege for te drivers?

• rimrim
    edited November 2020
    The operation voltage for the drivers is ~3V

Now, what doesn't make since to me how the big printers that use the same thing two stepper motors NEMA23 with the same specifications or more are drived? 

Is it possible to use an external Microstep Driver ST6600?
    If yes. Woud it work with RADDS CARD + RAPS128?

PS:
    "two 2A motors operate correct with one driver would be to wire them serial and adjust @ 2A" --> When I started searching in the net I found out that most of makers don't advise you to do it :/
  • "The operation voltage for the drivers is ~3V"

nope, the voltage you use to supply the radds card is also operation voltage for the drivers

"searching in the net I found out that most of makers don't advise you to do it"

well..no comment  best is 1 motor , 1 driver.

ST6600 will work from principal , but not out of the box  as radds logic level is 3.3V

• RAyWB said:
    "The operation voltage for the drivers is ~3V"

nope, the voltage you use to supply the radds card is also operation voltage for the drivers

"searching in the net I found out that most of makers don't advise you to do it"

well..no comment  best is 1 motor , 1 driver.

ST6600 will work from principal , but not out of the box  as radds logic level is 3.3V

Ah ok. Sorry, the supply power I use is 24V

Can you please explain more this: "ST6600 will work from principal , but not out of the box  as radds logic level is 3.3V".

Thank you RAyWB :)
  • there are several posts here in forum , search for tb6600 .
    It´s explained multiple times. Problem is they need at least 5V Logic level

• Ok.

So what is the solution to solve the problem I have? Any suggestions please?
    Because I try to find something in the net that can help me to solve this, but no luck and not much about the RADDS Card ! :/