Unable to connect in Repetier Server, but successful in Repetier Host

2»

Comments

• Specs:
    Raspberry Pi 3 + Repetier Server free (AP mode off)
    USB
    Monoprice Select Mini V2

got same problem as described by bg02478 ("No understandable response  recieved", printer toggles between connected (yellow) and disconnected (red) every few seconds)

no problems connecting/printing with Pronterface or via webinerface of printer itself (via wifi), nor with S3D or Cura
  • There is a similar thread about the same problem with Monoprice V2. V1 seems to work V2 not. Current guess is that the servers RTS/DTR pin handling causes the problem making printer reset. So we plan for next release options to set how these pins should be handled. Normally toggling causes reset but it seems for V2 this also has other meanings like hardware flow control which it is not used for.
  • I don't think it is a dtr problem unless the server is toggling dtr and thereby connecting and disconnection the server. 

I select marlin firmware, but I have tried selecting repetier firmware - same outcome for the server connection.  I will subscribe to your tweets.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Server toggles DTR and RTS from low to high to reset firmware. 

Problems can arise if printer interprets high as reset or uses DTR/RTS for hardware flow control.
  • Octopi added a plugin to tackle this issue specifically recently. Perhaps that source could be used to solve the issue in Repetier-server as well? I still haven't started using my Repetier-Server license because of this issue :(
  • Which plugin do you mean? I only know they have a plugin to solve a similar problem with Malayan V2 board that does only like to speak under very strange situations as it seems. 
  • This one: https://plugins.octoprint.org/plugins/malyan_connection_fix/ . It's working perfectly in my currect setup, so whatever protocol magic they're doing, is working for the M200

• The magic is that they open the com port twice with and without parity and then close one. In theory totally nonsense but in practice it seems to work. Only problem is that this trick only works on linux. In windows you can not open same port twice. But I think I will try to add it also I can not test, cause I have no board.
  • Just chiming in here to check on update.
    I have the same issue on Monoprice Mini Delta running on Raspberry pi zero w using the SD image.
    Connects / Disconnects.
    Is there a log file in the linux file system I can look at to help troubleshoot what's going on here?  Any updates?
  • Update will take a while. But we plan a public beta once features stabilize so then you could test. But there are some nasty problems we need to solve first.
  • Any idea on a timeline?  I'm happy to help in any way
  • Not really, nasty = no idea how long it takes. It also depend on support volume etc. So nothing we can really predict, but hope begin of april.
  • same here, I just moved my PI from octoprint to repetier-server since it now has to control two printers :) but unfortunately the Turnigy Fabrikator v2 which is a malyan M100 won't connect. There also does not seem to be a workaround like there was in octoprint where you had to hit connect twice for it to work - which later was resolved by the plugin.

I'll be happy to test any beta version!
    Grüße
  • An approximately ETA would be appreciated...
  • A man, sucks to hear. I'm a software dev too, and I understand you can't give an ETA on things like that.
    I'm expanding my printer farm this week and was really hoping I could ditch the competition during that install. I guess I'll be waiting a while long and keep checking in on this thread every month or so.
  • Plan is release on june. Just working on the last subfunctions and testing.
  • Are we getting close or did you run into more obstacles?
  • It is published. Check for updates and it should show up. Hope it works as I had no one to test, but used the same trick as the octoprint plugin.
  • edited July 2018
    Not sure if any one has given this a shot yet but whenever I try to add the printer with the Malyan board fix checked on it makes the server unreachable. Have to delete the config files in var/lib/Repetier-Server/configs before I can even connect to the server dashboard again. 

Running ubuntu 14.04 LTS

** Also more info just as I've been tinkering: If I manually change the config file for malyanHack from 'true' to 'false' the server will be reachable again. 
  • Sorry that I couldn't test any sooner, I was moving my entire printer setup from one room to another.

Sadly I have to report the same with the Raspberry image after updating. Enabling the Malyan board fix causes the server to crash and seems to corrupt other printer setups.
  • Ye, my fault. Did run a new a line too late. Have send a test version for pi to xin for testing. If he reports it works it will be in 0.90.2 then.
  • edited July 2018
    Repetier said:
    Ye, my fault. Did run a new a line too late. Have send a test version for pi to xin for testing. If he reports it works it will be in 0.90.2 then.
    I use Raspberry PI

I have the same problem with my MonoPrice Delta Mini 

You can send me that verification, to prove

Thank you...

• Any updates on this yet? Noticed you've got 90.6 out but it's still not communicating to my printer
  • Did you select the "Use fix for malayan boards" in printer settings? That was added to solve exactly that problem, also it is unclear if and how it worked. I have one response saying it doe snot work another one says it works under some conditions but did not understand which exact circumstances. Printer must be powered before connect or something like this.
  • I did check that option but it still stalls when trying to connect to printer. It’s no longer crashing the server when it’s checked but I still can’t get it to recognize the printer. I’ll fiddle around with it when I get a chance a report back any updates
  • To get my Monoprice Mini Delta and Mini V2 to work reliably I chose the options: Marlin Firmware, 250000bps baud rate, RTS High, DTR Low, and Malyan fix unchecked.  The Malyan boards appear to have some type of flow control enabled and want RTS to be asserted before it will send responses to the host.
  • dot_bob said:
    To get my Monoprice Mini Delta and Mini V2 to work reliably I chose the options: Marlin Firmware, 250000bps baud rate, RTS High, DTR Low, and Malyan fix unchecked.  The Malyan boards appear to have some type of flow control enabled and want RTS to be asserted before it will send responses to the host.
    You Sir! You saved my evening, thanks i was about to dump my old delta mini...