Prusa MK3 i3 with MMU2S setup

I have been in 3D printing for a short time, until now with good satisfaction, I own a Prusa MK3 i3, on which I have mounted the MMU2S, someone kind can give me directions to make a good printer setup.
Thank you all

Comments

• Try this setup:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfnmlwy6bmm7nya/PrusaMK3_MMU2.xml?dl=0

it has all workarounds I use included. Maybe you need to change webcam or personal taste settings.
  • Thank you so much, where do I upload the .xml file? Forgive my inexperience, I have been in the 3D world for a short time

• I guess it needs to be loaded as "PRINTER SETTINGS"? 
  • In home dashboard you can with th eplus icon "Upload existing configuration". Use that to install a new printer with existing configuration.
  • Thanks a lot, done and it works great
  • edited November 2022
    @Repetier is  this setup compatible with the newest version of Repetier Server?
  • New values get automatically added, so I think it should work if link still works. The main trick is to have 5 extruders and all use extruder 1 for temperature setting/getting. And enable firmware is visible if firmware is not running in connection settings.
  • Works :) Thanks.
  • @Repetier I have another question. Is it possible to set Prusa i3 MK3 with MMU2S kit in single mode? I often print in single extruder mode, but the printer asks for a filament (1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5) every time.
  • The question does not come from us. Just select the single headed prusa in your slicer. Or edit the generated gcode after slicing. There is I think
    T?
    in the regular start g-code when using MMU profile for slicing. This is just the command to ask for the extruder to use for single color print. If it is missing the active extruder is used.

Alternative solution is to add in printer configuration->G-Codes->Replacements a rule
    ^T\?
    to be replaced by nothing so it always removes that line. But that means it always removes it even if you want it for a print.
  • Yes, but when I select single headed prusa in my slicer the printer always ask for choose filament slot number (from MMU).
    I will try to put these G codes to check if printer automatically choose one - first.
  • > Yes, but when I select single headed prusa in my slicer the printer always ask for choose filament slot number (from MMU).

That is because you use single head print from Prusa MK3 MMU so they know you have 5 extruders and add it. See start g-code in slicer printer settings. Would not happen if you say you have the straight MK3 without MMU I think.
  • edited November 2022
    OK, I modify start G code in printer profile in PrusaSlicer from Tx to T0 and now when I send gcode from PrusaSlicer to Repetier the printer never ask a extruder but automaticaly select first one, so I don't have to be around the printer and choose right extruder on each print.
    BUT when I change printer profile to without MMU I have "This g-code is for other printer, continue anyway?" on the screen, so changing Tx to T0 in start G code does the job.
  • Thanks for the info. Looks like the added then a new code to check printer version. Did not have this so far, probably need to use newer configs to get this.
  • wojtek said:
    OK, I modify start G code in printer profile in PrusaSlicer from Tx to T0 and now when I send gcode from PrusaSlicer to Repetier the printer never ask a extruder but automaticaly select first one, so I don't have to be around the printer and choose right extruder on each print.
    BUT when I change printer profile to without MMU I have "This g-code is for other printer, continue anyway?" on the screen, so changing Tx to T0 in start G code does the job.

Adjusting the G-code is the worst of all solutions, I did this for weeks in the old versions. I often have g-codes that I print with different colours but always the same material. I have often forgotten to switch to a different extruder before the next print, so I have wasted material and time. I run my printers 75% remotely and the extruder change simply has to pop up in the interface. For such an expensive software there has to be a better handling, especially because more and more printers with multiple extruders are coming on the market.

best regards Heiko

• is there already an improvement here? I mean, with other suppliers there is a pop-up where you can select the extruder. That would certainly not be so complicated to implement. If Tx
    popup which then sets T0/1/2/3/4 to your choice.

• The main problem is that there are always users dissatisfied. Tx blocks communication and you must select on Prusa. The other solution via server needs a Display running server.

To install it for server side selection go to printer configuration->g-codes->replacements and a replacement:
    Comment: Query Extruder
    Regular Expression: ^Tx$
    Code:
    @dialogStart "Select extruder for printing" "Extruder Selection"
      @dialogBlocking
      @dialogButton "Extruder 1" "T0"
      @dialogButton "Extruder 2" "T1"
      @dialogButton "Extruder 3" "T2"
      @dialogButton "Extruder 4" "T3"
      @dialogButton "Extruder 5" "T4"
    @dialogShow
    This will show a dialog in all interfaces to select right extruder and continue after selection.