multiple extruders (DaVinci 2.0)

first I must say thank you, thank you, thank you for getting the DaVinci 2.0 working with repetier host!!!! :)

confused with the relationship between Print Settings->Multiple Extruders, Printer Settings->Extruder 1 (and Extruder 2) and the selection from the drop down boxes on the Object Placement tab.

If I select under Print Settings->Multiple Extruders->Perimeter extruder to 1, Infill extruder to 1, Solid infill to 1 and Support material to 1 and select from the drop down box on Object Placement tab to extruder 2, does that mean the the 'outer' part of the object will be from extruder 2 and the 'inner' part will be from extruder 1?

In the same way, if Print Settings->Multiple Extruders->Perimeter extruder to 1,
Infill extruder to 2, Solid infill to 2 and Support material to 1 and select from the drop down box on Object Placement tab to extruder 2, that the 'outer' part of the object will be from exturder 2, along with the infill part will be from extruder 1, and the perimeter and support material will be from extruder 2?

I am understanding that correctly, or completely confused :)

thanks

Comments

• You will get the Extruders you select in Repetier-Host, so you get what you see. Just the support extruder is set by Slic3r. Perimeters are only used for skirt. This requires Version 1.5.5 to work correctly.