Send Status

Hello! I need help. We have a 3D printer that uses the Repetier-Server. And we have a website that needs to know when printing is complete. How can I send status about work finished with curl or something else? I mean, the Repetier server must send status to this, not the website, to request it. The initiator must be the Repetier Server

Comments

• The next release coming in a few days has a simple solution for this. Solution is called web actions and allows to call other websites with a simple server command. You can then add that command in the servers end gcode so it gets send always as last command. Also it i technically not finished at that moment it will be a millisecond later.

Other solutions are also possible, e.g. writing a lua module that monitors parts of interest and that send messages on these events. But this requires more skills then the simple web actions.
  • Repetier said:
    The next release coming in a few days has a simple solution for this. Solution is called web actions and allows to call other websites with a simple server command. You can then add that command in the servers end gcode so it gets send always as last command. Also it i technically not finished at that moment it will be a millisecond later.

Other solutions are also possible, e.g. writing a lua module that monitors parts of interest and that send messages on these events. But this requires more skills then the simple web actions.

Thanks for that feature! Very usefull. But i had a problem. When i write body of post in web actions, after saving my text  just gone. So after saving every time post data is empty
  • Yes, could reproduce the problem. Will be fixed in next update coming soon.
  • Repetier said:
    Yes, could reproduce the problem. Will be fixed in next update coming soon.

Can u tell me when update will done? That week?
  • I think tomorrow the beta for it will contain it. Just collecting/fixing all problems user see with new release and make a final 0.94.1. Hope to release it end of week since it all are small issues but need to test them and some are hard to reproduce.
  • Repetier said:
    I think tomorrow the beta for it will contain it. Just collecting/fixing all problems user see with new release and make a final 0.94.1. Hope to release it end of week since it all are small issues but need to test them and some are hard to reproduce.

Could we use beta version tomorrow?
  • Repetier said:
    The next release coming in a few days has a simple solution for this. Solution is called web actions and allows to call other websites with a simple server command. You can then add that command in the servers end gcode so it gets send always as last command. Also it i technically not finished at that moment it will be a millisecond later.

Could we send data from gcode in post request? For example, can we send "total filament cost = 0.0"?

• The beta is already updated with that fix. So hope it works. Had no test call around that requires post so hope it gets send correctly.

You can not use references from the print or informations. You can use parameter $1 $2 in the server command but they must already contain the value you want to send.
  • Repetier said:
    The beta is already updated with that fix. So hope it works. Had no test call around that requires post so hope it gets send correctly.

You can not use references from the print or informations. You can use parameter $1 $2 in the server command but they must already contain the value you want to send.

How i can get beta version? In interface -> check updates, last version 0.94.0 only
  • Repetier said:
    The beta is already updated with that fix. So hope it works. Had no test call around that requires post so hope it gets send correctly.

And can u explain what is parameters $1? I mean, this param should be in gcode? Or we need set it in repetier-server somewhere?
  • If you use the server command

;@webAction myaction p1 p2
    then $1 gets replace by p1 and $2 by p2 before being send. This of course does not work with web actions in menu - they can not have parameter. Only server commands can add parameter for the call.
  • Repetier said:

We paste gcode trigger (;@webAction Print Done) to end of gcode file, but after print end, this action not execute. But we try execute it from global menu and menu of web actions and this command work normal. Can u explain what we do wrong?
  • Abyss said:
    Repetier said:

We paste gcode trigger (;@webAction Print Done) to end of gcode file, but after print end, this action not execute. But we try execute it from global menu and menu of web actions and this command work normal. Can u explain what we do wrong?

Our fault, sorry. Working good
  • Repetier said:
    If you use the server command

;@webAction myaction p1 p2
    then $1 gets replace by p1 and $2 by p2 before being send. This of course does not work with web actions in menu - they can not have parameter. Only server commands can add parameter for the call.

Can u tell pls, if we want send variable from gcode (for example ; bed_temperature = 0), what we should write in ;@webAction in gcode, for send name and value of variable?

• ;@webAction myaction "bed_temperature = 0"
    is what you would write. As said you can not replace placeholder in gcode so you need to do that already in slicer. They normally offer the option to use variables.

In action config you then write:
    http://myurl?message=$$1

$$ is to encode it correctly as url parameter otherwise spaces and equal sign make problems here

• Repetier said:
    ;@webAction myaction "bed_temperature = 0"
    is what you would write. As said you can not replace placeholder in gcode so you need to do that already in slicer. They normally offer the option to use variables.

In action config you then write:
    http://myurl?message=$$1

$$ is to encode it correctly as url parameter otherwise spaces and equal sign make problems here

Thank you so much!! We got what we wanted to do. I appreciate your help. Good luck!