Is it possible to set a waiting area for dual-extruder when switching filaments?

I have just assembled a BLV MGN cube by using Marlin firmware. It is equipped with a 2-in-2-out hotend and each nozzle corresponds to an extruder. One nozzle for PVA and another for PLA.

My situation is that, when it is switching the nozzle, it requires some time to raise the temperature. During this period, the hotend stops moving. So it is possible that the previously using nozzle will drip and cause some damage to the printing model.

Thus, is it possible to customize the waiting area for the nozzle switching to make it far away from the printing area?

Thanks.

Comments

• You can try adding a G1 move in the before extruder switch g-code so it switches always at same position next to the object.
  • Repetier said:
    You can try adding a G1 move in the before extruder switch g-code so it switches always at same position next to the object.

Thanks, and I noticed that for cura 4.xx there is a prime tower option. Can this option fulfill my purpose?
  • Maybe. If that causes the change to happen there.