Repetier Read G-code

Hello,

I wonder how the server executes G-code ?
On each line sent if the return is OK then the next line is sent ?

The M105 temperature values ​​are retrieved every second ?

Thank you for your lights

Comments

• In general that is correct also in non ping-pong mode we also send more then one command and count buffer size and ok so there does not get anything lost.

For temperatures there are 2 solutions implemented. The trivial is sending every seconds a M105 and parsing result - this gets added to the normal gcode we send.
    Some firmwares support autoreport temperature. If that is detected we activate it at firmware sends temperature on it's own without needing a M105 - that is the preferred way of course.
  • Repetier said:
    In general that is correct also in non ping-pong mode we also send more then one command and count buffer size and ok so there does not get anything lost.

For temperatures there are 2 solutions implemented. The trivial is sending every seconds a M105 and parsing result - this gets added to the normal gcode we send.
    Some firmwares support autoreport temperature. If that is detected we activate it at firmware sends temperature on it's own without needing a M105 - that is the preferred way of course.
    Thank you for your answer, which command allows to know the size of the buffer and what is its maximum (Prusa MK3S) ??
  • I don't know if there exist a command for Prusa. I run it with the default 127 without problems. More buffer does normally not improve and can even have drawback of delayed responses du to long buffers waiting.