No skirt, but I get a weird square

Hi, i can't seem to get the CuraEngine to do a skirt with my brim. Also i keep getting some weird square breakout on the brim that does show up. This square does not seem to be related to the skirt settings, it is a brim related anomaly. I have the brim and skirt settings set above zero and have tried a 1st layer thicknesses to be equal to, as well as greater than, the standard layer and that doesn't make a skirt appear.
Here are my settings and an image of the odd square offshoot that the brim keeps adding. I've tried a number of offset distances, minimum skirt lengths, and the other available settings to no avail so far.
Does anyone have some thoughts on either issue?

Comments

• The square comes from selecting the wipe tower. There it would have been.

Skirt only appears if you have no brim/raft selected.
  • I cannot set brim to zero. I only want a skirt
  • No need to set brim zero. On right side you just select to have no brim or raft and you get your skirt.
  • Repetier said:
    The square comes from selecting the wipe tower. There it would have been.

Skirt only appears if you have no brim/raft selected.

Ok, thanks. I was expecting similar behavior across engines, but I'm seeing that there are nuances to the same setting types that are different. I also was not expecting a wipe tower in the brim since I wasn't using one in the print.
  • You are using wipe tower - or more precise the option is selected but you don't get one as there is no need.