Perimeter separation problems

So, I'm printing out face shield headbands to donate to a local hospital for all the coronavirus craziness, and I'm having some issues with the perimeter walls having separation in some spots. I could really use some advice. I have an Ender 3 and use Repetier Host Mac with Slic3r. With a 0.4mm nozzle, I'm running it at a 0.32 layer height, 30% infill, 80mm/s speeds. I've done lots of calibrations... measured filament diameter, esteps, retraction, flow rate, temp towers. I've even experimented with the extruder multiplier factor a bit, but increasing it gives me too much stringing. I've improved things from the first prints, but I still get some trouble. I sliced the stl with auto/default extrusion width settings, but I'm thinking I may need to mess with that... set specific widths? But, I'm really not sure at all where to begin with that, since using the auto settings, it doesn't tell you what the actual widths are. The Prusa stl page is https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/25857 if that helps at all.

Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• So, I fixed my problem with help form a Q&A on reddit. Just to post the answer, the problem is that printing at 80mm/s on an Ender 3 is just too fast, and that's why the perimeters are coming out too thin in spots causing separation. Apparently, 60mm/s is about the fastest that the E3 will print a quality piece. So, I'm printing at 60mm/s, and they're coming out nice and solid.