May I know problem do I have for layer shift after 3 years of usage

I build and CoreXY (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:730199) and have been using it with repetier firmware 0.9.2.3 for a 3,4 years. It has not much of a problem until I moved the printer to the patio and reprinted a central cartridge. The layer shift started to occur at random, now it is at exact spot as shown in the video.   BTW, it is printing via SD card files.

I have tried the following methods:
- Lose or tie belt tensions
- Change reference voltages on stepper motor driver A4988 from 0.6v to 0.8v to produce about 1.5A to 2A current.
- Change the RAMPS 1.4 board to RAMPS 1.6 board
- Added a fan to blow directly to the driver to cool them down
- Change all 4 new stepper motor drivers A4988
- Reflash the firmware.
- Change a new Mega2560 board.
- Change the power supply ensure it has enough current. It was a computer PSU, now changed to a 13.8v 200W PSU.

Since it is moving correctly if I set the X, Y, Z position manually from the interface, I did not change any of the stepper motors. 

May I know what is the problem in this case?

Comments

• Just a theory: You have ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS 1 and when you moved printers cables shifted and now you get false signals to end stops from crosstalk. Set value to 0 so end stops are only used for homing, then it will not be a big problem.
  • Did not know I can do that. Thanks, I will try it.
  • Repetier said:
    Just a theory: You have ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS 1 and when you moved printers cables shifted and now you get false signals to end stops from crosstalk. Set value to 0 so end stops are only used for homing, then it will not be a big problem.
    Thanks, your theory was correct. After disabled it, it worked 100%. The electronic spare parts I have now could build another printer now.