CNC repetier

I transformed my printer with ramps and repetier into a CNC for making PCBs, used the Eagle software to make the layout and generated the gcode at https://carbide3d.com/apps/pcb/, loaded the file on the Repeater Host, the The problem is that although the Host indicates that the Z axis is -0.2mm at the CNC, it remains at zero. In other words, the CNC does not accept a negative value. Can someone help me?

Comments

• Firmware prevents negative Z koordinates below z min. G1 S1 would disable the check. Correct way would be to determine bed z=0, go to pcb height and set Z 0 using G92 like

G28 Z0
    G1 Z1 ; pcb height
    G92 Z0 ; Make that height Z=0, now you can go down until Z=-1

• Repetier said:
    Firmware prevents negative Z koordinates below z min. G1 S1 would disable the check. Correct way would be to determine bed z=0, go to pcb height and set Z 0 using G92 like

G28 Z0
    G1 Z1 ; pcb height
    G92 Z0 ; Make that height Z=0, now you can go down until Z=-1
    This way it would work if I was using the table as a reference, but I am using the contact between the surface of the plate and the cutting tool to determine my Z0.
  • That is what I guessed - in that case try G1 S1 to allow it. Or use G30 with endstop configured as zprobe - then you can also define it with G30 H1 to be just a virtual Z with real limit 1 mm below.