Strange operation after new install

Downloaded and installed Repetier-Host V2.1.6 on a new machine running Win 7.  Had previously run it on a machine with WinXp with zero problems so I knew what to expect starting and running the program.  

Started it for the first time, getting a very strange appearance.  Program launches but the viewing pane on the left side never seems to load or update.  Loaded an stl file, it doesn't show up.  Open a setup window, close it, part of the setup display stays in the left pane.  Nothing I can seem to do changes or updates that left pane from whatever the last thing I did that overlaid that window. 

Example: File>load>somestlfile.  File loads, cura engine will slice it but the left viewing pane still shows apart of the load directory window after loading.  

Example: Click on the temperature curve tab brings up a temperature window. click on 3D view tab, nothing changes.  Last op still owns the window.

The log file scroll at the bottom doesn't seem to be generating error messages.  

Sorry if the explanation seems a little strange but the operation is strange.  Ask some questions if that will help and I will try to look for stuff.

Comments

• Further info.  Just downloaded and installed on a new Win10 machine.  It appears to be working correctly.  Loads a file, shows it, left window seems to all work right.
  • Please check the log. I assume you are missing a OpenGL driver. Sounds like always when OpenGL should show up nothing is updated, so that is the logical explanation I guess.
  • Completely unistalled the original, did an install, launched the program.  Got the following in the log window (Cut/paste into notepad, copy into here):
    13:03:25.996 : OpenGL version:1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
    13:03:25.996 : OpenGL extensions:GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_WIN_swap_hint
    13:03:25.996 : OpenGL renderer:Intel Bear Lake B
    13:03:25.996 : Using fast VBOs for rendering is possible
    13:03:26.698 : import zipped amf file
    13:03:26.776 : Starting object analyser ...
    13:03:26.792 : Object is manifold.
    13:03:26.870 : Analysing finished.

Problem is still there exactly as before.  I don't see any error messages in the log but that is a lot of info so there may be something there I can't recognize.

• 13:03:25.996 : OpenGL version:1.4.0 

I'm quite sure minim required version is 1.5 for full operation. So try if you find a newer graphic driver. 1.5 is from 2003 so any newer driver hopefully already supports it. 
  • Just opened the copy of Repetier running correctly on my Win10 machine and looked at the startup log.  The log shows:
    06:33:55.909 : OpenGL version:4.5.13399 Compatibility Profile Context FireGL 15.201.1151.1008
    Definitely have a much newer one on this machine.  I will run that down and post a reply after I test it.

• Add to my education.  Where did that OpenGL package come from?  Was it installed as part of the Repetier download, resident as part of the Win7 install, or downloaded after the Repetier install at the request of the installer?  I assume resident from Win7 but would like to understand it better.  Also, any suggestion for a source for the OpenGL package update would also be appreciated.
  • Further information:  This is a dead end.  I find that the Intel chipset in my unit is not validated for OpenGL beyond V1.3.  In short, I can't get there from here.  I am going to change my plan and run from the Win10 machine which works fine and has the necessary OpenGL driver.
    Thank you for your time.