Duet 2 Ethernet Telnet Interface Port 23 - No connection possible with Repetier Server, but with cli

Hi,

i am running Repetier Server 0.93.1 which runs fine. Its running on a Raspi. Attached to it there is a Duet 2 Ethernet 1.04 controller. It works well to use by USB Serial connection. Now i wanted to switch over to ethernet connection.

#SFTP/SSH/HTTPS not supported yet, so to use plain FTP/TELNET/HTTP
4:41:43.856: N1278 M586 P2 S1 T0
4:41:43.860: TELNET is enabled on port 23

But that does not work

I dont know why it does not work. If i just enter "telnet <IP> 23" from command line it returns allows the connection without problems. It asks me for Duet's password. I enter it it says "successful". So my only guess is that Repetier Server does not understand the password request maybe?

any guesses?

regrads, Mario

Comments

• Yes, password request is not supported. Last time I tested it there was no password required. Is this an optional feature or now always required?

Also you need to enable TCP in config or is it enabled permanently with that command.

Which password do you need to add? I found
    M551: Set Password

to define a password. Also can you provide a sample connection in telnet to show how it works on duet 2. Will also try to update firmware in my duet to see if I also can get it. Hope it is enough to just send it as first response or it will get difficult:-)
  • edited February 2020
    Hey,  your support is really great dudes! Want to give you that compliment.

The password is an option and is not required. I just added a password to protect the configuration from accesses from LAN. That's a requirement in the case i am working on. So what i did and what i have:

The information from Duet Web Control
    Software Information
    Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet
    Firmware Electronics: Duet Ethernet 1.02 or later
    Firmware Version: 2.02(RTOS) (2018-12-24b1)
    Web Interface Version: 1.22.6
    The config for network
    the following lines are embedded in the config.g file on the Duet
    ; Communication and general
    M111 S0 ; Debug off
    M550 DUETBOARD ; Device name
    M551 ULTRAHARDTOCRACKPASSWORD ; Machine password (used for FTP)
    ; Networking
    M552 S1 P0.0.0.0 ; Turn network on (DHCP)
    M586 P2 S1 T0 ; Enable Telnet (for Repetier Server Ethernet Connection)
    The telnet connection from bash by accessing remotely from ssh (a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with Raspbian - which does not matter^^)
    12:51:26 ✘ root@the-raspberry:/home/the_nerdious_admin# telnet duetboard.fritz.box 23
    Trying 192.168.1.67...
    Connected to
    duetboard.fritz.box.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    RepRapFirmware Telnet interface

Please enter your password:
    >
    ULTRAHARDTOCRACKPASSWORD
    I did not paste any stuff into that telnet shell because i have no idea how to control that :-D

• Good news. My version reacts the same and I could already do a connect with pre programmed password which worked, so next release will be able to handle passwords as well.