Rep Host 1.5.0 & 1.5.4 fail to read temps

I just upgraded from Repetier Host 1.5.0 to 1.5.4 because version 1.5.0 occasionally was failing to detect temperatures of both Extruder 0 and Heated Bed.  Repetier Host 1.5.4 seems to be experiencing these same issues.  Usually it works, but sometimes there is no reading on the sliders to indicate actual temperature above 20 degrees (or whatever the lowest number is).  Desired temp would read correctly and could be adjusted.  LCD on the firmware would show heaters on/off correctly, and heating (from RAMPS LED's and LCD both), and temps climbing. Only way to reset this and get Host to read correctly seems to be shut down the App and restart it.  Also, sometimes Host would fail to detect heated bed present and not display the ability to control the heated bed.

This is all on Windows 8.1, I am using Arduino (1.6.5) Mega 2650 with the Repetier 92.3 firmware.  I do not recall these issues prior to 1.5.0, and have made no firmware changes since then either.

Comments

• Are you printing through server or directly?
  • For some reason this comment block is black today.  I apologize for the font colors.  I print directly from Repetier Host.  I try to remember to stop the server service (would prefer it has to be manually started rather than manually stopped), but it probably was running at the time.  I have been unable to get past the mount/unmount issues with the SD card built into my display, so my only option for printing so far is to leave Host running.

I think I have noticed that "emergency stop" affects Host somehow.  Whenever I have Bed Heater displayed and push "Emergency stop," the bed heater display never returns.  This is happening now in both 1.5.0 and 1.5.4.  However, I don't recall this happening before I installed 1.5.4, so maybe I've corrupted something in my Host install.

• Just installed Host 1.5.5.  Still some kind of problem with Bed slider not showing up. However, when I turned off Server and started the print, the Bed slider appeared.  I'm running Windows 8.1, 64 bit.