New Starter Question - Disconnect between Repetier and Printer

Hi there, I've just set up a Prusa I3 Pro C and using Repetier Host without the Server. I've started my first job and Repetier Host is saying "Heating Extruder" but the extruder isn't heating. How do I work out what is going wrong? What things should I check? Repetier is saying that it is connected to the Printer. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Comments

• If something seems to go wrong first place is activate expert mode to see the log at the bottom and activate commands/ack and see if something happens. To see temperature responses you need to disable hiding them in printer settings.

Host shows heating if target temperature is higher then current temperature. The rest is up to printer and it's firmware to execute the command. Make sure printer has main power enabled or it will fail to heat.
  • Dear Sir or Madam,
    I'm in the same boat as the previous user.
    My printer (V1 Engineering MP3DP with Ramps 1.4) works (extruder heats up, bed heats up, object prints, etc) when using the LCD controller. I'm using Repetier-Host and it does appear that I am connected. If I start a print I also get the message that the extruder is heating, but it isn't. I also tried using Repetier in manual mode, but there is no response from the printer. I'm not sure what I am missing. I did use your firmware to "Draw the crown" using another V1 Engineering tool (MPCNC), so I know your firmware works.

Could it be that my printer doesn't have the correct firmware? What could cause my printer to not react to your firmware?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill
  • If you activate the log (easy mode off) enable ack do you see any responses from firmware? If not baud rate is set wrong. Sounds much like serial connection is only the you connected to com port but communication fails due to wrong baud rate. Would be easy visible in log. Also if you see at the status bar after connecting x commands waiting before heating that would be an indication.