printer.cfg editor for Klipper instead of EEPROM editor

For those who use Klipper it would be useful to have the possibility to edit the printer.cfg, so instead of having EEPROM as with Marlin instead have an editor to be able to modify that file, which by default is in the path /home/pi/printer.cfg.
The ideal would then be to be able to edit this path for multiple sessions.

Comments

• That is at least not eeprom compatible in any way. The other problem is that server runs as a different user having no write permissions. I see this more as part of printer configuration if added. It would need a extra script that handles the operations to overcome the permission problem. And then we need new ways to secure that to prevent access to os somehow since we now can edit files on the hard disk. So at least some parts need to be preconfigured by hand in linux like with extcommands.xml to prevent misuse.
    I put it on my list of possible additions, but with low priority. Currently I have more important additions planned.
  • It would be a very useful function, I hope it will be implemented as soon as possible!
  • Marco67 said:
    For those who use Klipper it would be useful to have the possibility to edit the printer.cfg, so instead of having EEPROM as with Marlin instead have an editor to be able to modify that file, which by default is in the path /home/pi/printer.cfg.
    The ideal would then be to be able to edit this path for multiple sessions.

• I think it could be a very useful feature. 
  • sudo nano /home/pi/printer.config
  • +1 to this.

At the moment every time I need to make a change I have to SSH into my Raspi. It works but it would be great
    if it could be done directly in the UI.