using repetier host over wifi

hello everybody
i own only one 3dprinter(home & self made) which currently works very fine with repetier host. i am going to re-organize my workshop, so the 3dprinter's new place will be far from my work place.(no usb câble possible)
what i would find is a simple wifi link between my pc and printer without using repetier server because too much complex for only one printer (and i love repetier host which fit perfectly to my needs). I think to a raspberry pi 3b+ used just as a wifi translater to usb and vice versa ,nothing more.
before to write a specific program , maybe some body as already made this or maybe find this impossible because a reason i ignore ?
thanks in advance for your help and ideas
jyb

Comments

• jyb said:
    hello everybody
    i own only one 3dprinter(home & self made) which currently works very fine with repetier host. i am going to re-organize my workshop, so the 3dprinter's new place will be far from my work place.(no usb câble possible)
    what i would find is a simple wifi link between my pc and printer without using repetier server because too much complex for only one printer (and i love repetier host which fit perfectly to my needs). I think to a raspberry pi 3b+ used just as a wifi translater to usb and vice versa ,nothing more.
    before to write a specific program , maybe some body as already made this or maybe find this impossible because a reason i ignore ?
    thanks in advance for your help and ideas
    jyb         luststories
    damn even i have this same kind of issue now i am frustrated if any one know how to sovle it than please help me

sorry for my bad english
  • socat can map ethernet to serial, but it closes if connection is closed so you need to restart it.

But I do not think it will make you happy in the long run. Any interruption in wlan that causes the connection to drop will stop the print. That is the advantage of repetier-server - it caches the full file so after sending it, wlan disconnects do not disconnect to printer and you just reconnect to server.