repetier dev Bluetooth serial

hello
I updated my 3d printer firmware from 0.92 to dev version and I added some custom events to include some new features
the problem is that I think that the Bluetooth serial function is not working in dev version

I tested both 0.92 and dev version on the same homemade controller to find that the Bluetooth serial in dev version don't work

is there any solution for this ?

thank you

Comments

• Did you use the right serial port for it? Technically it is just a second serial being controlled and I have tested this with both usb ports for due. Bluetooth is identical, just selecting the serial id where it is connected. Bluetooth must be set up prior to this to autoconnect to pc. Firmware will not send the AT commands to do so. Also use the baudrate set prior with At commands.
  • actually I am using a esp8266 with esp link firmware on it with 115200 serial baud rate , and an arduino mega 2560  
    the same hardware was working well with the 0.92 version 
    I noticed something maybe it is helpful:
    I used platform io with microsoft visual studio code software to compile the firmware instead of arduino ide and that gives me some detailed warnings and here they are

C:\Users\Ash\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoavr\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.h:147:25: warning: type of 'Serial1' does not match original declarat
    ion
    extern HardwareSerial Serial1;
    ^
    C:\Users\Ash\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoavr\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial1.cpp:61:16: note: previously declared here
    HardwareSerial Serial1(&UBRR1H, &UBRR1L, &UCSR1A, &UCSR1B, &UCSR1C, &UDR1);
    ^
    C:\Users\Ash\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoavr\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.h:143:25: warning: type of 'Serial' does not match original declarati
    on
    extern HardwareSerial Serial;
    ^
    C:\Users\Ash\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoavr\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.h:143:25: warning: type of 'Serial' does not match original declarati
    on
    C:\Users\Ash\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoavr\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial0.cpp:70:18: note: previously declared here
    HardwareSerial Serial(&UBRR0H, &UBRR0L, &UCSR0A, &UCSR0B, &UCSR0C, &UDR0);
    ^

and again these warnings didn't showed up with the 0.92 version
  • ASHASH
    edited August 2017
    update:
    I tried a Bluetooth adapter and esp8266 and even usb to serial module 
    as before in all ways the host connects but no data received it shows 1 command waiting

but I found that if I use v 0.92 with EXTERNALSERIAL enabled the problem accures

so is the EXTERNALSERIAL used by default in the dev version ?
    is there a way to stop using it and use the internal serial ?
  • Just register you are using 8 bit processor. In HAL.h you find

#if NEW_COMMUNICATION && defined(BLUETOOTH_SERIAL) && BLUETOOTH_SERIAL > 0

#undef EXTERNALSERIAL

#define EXTERNALSERIAL

#endif

which is hopefully triggered by your config enabling EXTERNALSERIAL, which is still a requirement when using other uart then uart0. The errors in compilation come from not using external serial.

BTW: Arduino IDE has also an option for verbose warnings.

• I tied to uncomment #define EXTERNALSERIAL in configuration.h and in hal.h and nothing happened the serial connections is not working 
  • i think the error in compilation comes from this
    #define SERIAL_RX_BUFFER_SIZE 128
    if I comment this line the error I mentioned before disappears

I did not get what you meant by "Just register you are using 8 bit processor. "
    can you please explain more 
  • i have this problem to. most define new communication to use serial1 for bluetooth serial?