[repetier server monitor] web cam image on home screen and other

Hi! I has an request future for repeiter-server monitor.
1) I think that web cam need show for all printers on the home screen.
2) Add full control to printer from right windows from home screen (add lock button for security).
3) Add right click to the printer and in the menu add upload g-code to the printer and some other function
4) Add resisez the home screen betwen server list and info about the printer.
5) Checkbox "hide offline printers" not work. It hide everytimes.
See the pic please.
I want to thank you for releasing this utility! Very easy to use multiprinters.

Comments

• 1) Sounds like a good idea but can also easily cause lots of troubles. Number of parallel webcams per server is limited due to chrome limits. And showing webcam images is hard work for your cpu. It means constantly decompressing jpg images. Maybe a switch to toggle view to webcam instead would be ok on own risk. Of course only a issue if you have many printers and with higher webcam resolutions. Then everything would get sluggy.
    2) Yes thought also to maybe show a popup to set value if clicked. Do not want to put big contol panels on the right. It is meant as short overview.
    3) Menu in top bar of printer would be ok like done in regular gui. Upload not so much. You want to set group (most want) and regular upload is also just one button away.
    4) Need to think about that. Now you see minimum size so it would only get wider.
    5) It is working for me. Offline printers are those with red unlink icon. Can you be more price what "It hide everytimes." what gets hidden? Which os are you using? What are your basic settings for home screen. Testing all 3 modes for sorting worked for me and only hid the offline printers keeping online and disabled printers.
  • Repetier said:
    1) Sounds like a good idea but can also easily cause lots of troubles. Number of parallel webcams per server is limited due to chrome limits. And showing webcam images is hard work for your cpu. It means constantly decompressing jpg images. Maybe a switch to toggle view to webcam instead would be ok on own risk. Of course only a issue if you have many printers and with higher webcam resolutions. Then everything would get sluggy.
    2) Yes thought also to maybe show a popup to set value if clicked. Do not want to put big contol panels on the right. It is meant as short overview.
    3) Menu in top bar of printer would be ok like done in regular gui. Upload not so much. You want to set group (most want) and regular upload is also just one button away.
    4) Need to think about that. Now you see minimum size so it would only get wider.
    5) It is working for me. Offline printers are those with red unlink icon. Can you be more price what "It hide everytimes." what gets hidden? Which os are you using? What are your basic settings for home screen. Testing all 3 modes for sorting worked for me and only hid the offline printers keeping online and disabled printers.
    1) Be may make snapshot from an web cam every 10 sec?
    2) I realized but fast stop printing, may be on/off printer, reboot server and etc i would like to see in the panel.
    5) If i disabled VPN (or ethernet) it will be hide. Windows 10 x64 settings like screen.
  • Well showing only images every x seconds is at least something reducing cpu load and having no problems at all. I guess even every 5 seconds would not be that much of a problem.

2) emergency stop activate ok. Reboot server is in printer and not a default function. Only if you have extcommands with it configured. So I'd leave these only in the printer.

5) If you unplug network the servers are not reachable, so we have no informations at all. Not reachable servers are not displayed. If you go to server list you will only see them as not reachable. Not seeing the printers of them is thus ok and wanted. We do not remember printers in monitor - we query them on connect to server so that is also th eonly way it would work.