Defined Printer Limits

2»

Comments

• Hi,

Created two test uploads for 2 different models. Slicer S3D for both. I zipped the gcode, gin, printer xml and screenshots from repetier server.

You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgz8dbe2rj6kb5d/Out%20of%20Bounds%20issue.zip?dl=0

The issue btw still remains and source is still the yMaxMove.
  • BTW i just also did a try and sliced one of the models with CURA 4.0 with pretty much the same settings etc to see if its maybe somehow S3D that causes this even with the gcode not showing a sign of this but nope. The CURA gcode also gets flagged red once uploaded and when looking at the gin file it again shows a yMaxMove that goes out of bounds here as well.
  • Ok found your error. In your end gcode you have

G91 ; relative positioning
    G1 Z10 ; Move 10 mm up on the Z Axis
    G28 X0 ; Home X Axis
    G1 X0 Y200 F9000 ; Move the Bed to the front

You switch to relative movement which is active after homing. So going to Y200 means last Y plus 200 which is then more then 300.

Maybe your firmware disables relative positioning after homing but that is not defined so server assumes last mode is still valid. So deactivate relative positioning after z up move and all should be fine.
  • I will try that however will switching off relative movement not negatively affect the built in advanced snapshot feature? I seem to recall for that to work appropriately relative movement needs to be enabled.
  • I don't think so. Your first line in gcode is
    G90
    activating absolute positioning. Absolute positioning is the normal case for positions. Do not mix that with relative extrusion which can be defined independently.
  • Right i think i got that mixed up for a second. So i added a G90 command in my end script after the Z raise and indeed now the warning is gone. 

Thanks again for your support!
  • Why is 0.94.3 changing my commanded extrude lengths during the print???
    It's really pissing me off!
  • What change does it make? It never changes the distance. The maximum would be splitting it in several moves making same distance if extrusion is > 50mm because the firmwares might block it otherwise.
  • Hello,
    does this problem already exists.
    I got message try start printing. i printed same gcode from sd card on same printer without any problems.

I´m using Repetier Server 1.0.1.
  • @LordMM
    If it just different interpretition what G28 does you can still print it from server and ignore the out of limits message. You can also use the fix to put G90 after G28 and the sizes will be computed correctly.