R-H will no longer start

I have been using Repetier Host for 4+ yars and I love it.  I recently installed the server and it woked great.  I have always used Curaengine to slice and recently I was playing with slic3r and RH crashed.  Now when I start it, the splash page comes up for about one second and then closes. 

I reinstalled RH which was Repetier-Host-x86_64-2.1.6.AppImage and I get the same results.  I am using Ubuntu 16.04

Can someone point me in some direction that may help?

when I right click and try to open with  AptURL   I get:
Invalid url"'/home/isidro/Downloads/Repetier-Host-x86_64-2.1.6.AppImage' given,exiting
No':' in the url

when I try to open with Ubuntu Software Center I get:
The file "/home/isidro/Downloads/Repetier-Host-x86_64-2.1.6.AppImage" could not be opened.

Now when I do this:

isidro@isidro-OptiPlex-GX620:~/Downloads$ ./Repetier-Host-x86_64-2.1.6.AppImage

I get this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /tmp/.mount_Repeti87Dtnk/usr/lib:/tmp/.mount_Repeti87Dtnk/usr/lib/mono/4.5:
MONO_PATH = /tmp/.mount_Repeti87Dtnk/usr/lib/mono/4.5
Double id:L_FLIP_X_Y for language Portugues

Unhandled Exception:
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException (System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x0000b] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Insert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Boolean add) [0x0007c] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
  at RepetierHost.Main..ctor () [0x0137a] in <374e76794d164d76af696b6b7ca9e871>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.Main:.ctor ()
  at RepetierHost.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0001a] in <374e76794d164d76af696b6b7ca9e871>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException (System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x0000b] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Insert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Boolean add) [0x0007c] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <a07d6bf484a54da2861691df910339b1>:0
  at RepetierHost.Main..ctor () [0x0137a] in <374e76794d164d76af696b6b7ca9e871>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RepetierHost.Main:.ctor ()
  at RepetierHost.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0001a] in <374e76794d164d76af696b6b7ca9e871>:0
isidro@isidro-OptiPlex-GX620:~/Downloads$

Comments

• Ok, can not say where it happend but you seem to have made a setting change using the same key value twice. Probably in slicer definition creating a second with same name. Hard to say.

First make a copy of $home/.mono where all registry entries are stored for .net software. There is also a key for repetier-host not sure at which level. You can rename it and start host and it will start but you will loose all settings!

Now you can decide to just reenter all setting (slicer profiles still exist also for CuraEngine you must create a printer with exact same name to see it).

Alternatively copy the backup back and try deleting only some files until you find the file in settings that prevents the crash. Then copy all back and delete only that file. If you identify the file please post path and content here so I can see where it can go wrong so I can add a protection for it in next update.
  • Hi,
    ok, I got it working again.  Thanks for your help.
    Here is what I did:

sudo apt install tree (This installed tree so I could see things.

Then I ran the command: 
    tree -a ~/.mono
    and this is what I got:

/home/isidro/.mono
    ├── mwf_config
    └── registry
        ├── CurrentUser
        │   └── software
        │       └── repetier
        │           ├── 3d
        │           │   └── values.xml
        │           ├── eeprom
        │           ├── informer
        │           ├── object_editor
        │           ├── printer
        │           │   ├── default
        │           │   │   ├── ext0
        │           │   │   │   └── values.xml
        │           │   │   └── values.xml
        │           │   └── prusa i3
        │           │       ├── ext0
        │           │       │   └── values.xml
        │           │       └── values.xml
        │           ├── slicers
        │           │   ├── cura
        │           │   │   └── curaengine
        │           │   │       ├── default
        │           │   │       │   └── values.xml
        │           │   │       └── prusa i3
        │           │   │           └── values.xml
        │           │   ├── skeinforge
        │           │   │   └── slic3r prusa edition
        │           │   │       ├── prusa i3
        │           │   │       └── values.xml
        │           │   ├── slic3r
        │           │   │   └── slic3r
        │           │   │       ├── default
        │           │   │       ├── prusa i3
        │           │   │       └── values.xml
        │           │   ├── slic3rpe
        │           │   │   ├── slic3r prusa edition
        │           │   │   │   ├── default
        │           │   │   │   │   └── values.xml
        │           │   │   │   ├── prusa i3
        │           │   │   │   │   └── values.xml
        │           │   │   │   └── values.xml
        │           │   │   └──
    slicer prusa
        │           │   │       ├──
        │           │   │       │   └──
    values.xml
        │           │   │       ├──
    prusa i3
        │           │   │       │   └──
    values.xml
        │           │   │       └──
    values.xml
        │           │   └── watchdirectory
        │           ├── temperatures
        │           ├── values.xml
        │           └── window
        │               └── values.xml
        └── last-btime

35 directories, 24 files

I ran commands 1 and 2, then checked and it was working again.

Then I did #1 and 2 to remove the section in bold above and that fixed the problem.

1.) Backup directory to home folder.
    cp -rv '/home/isidro/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/repetier/slicers/slic3rpe/slicer prusa' '/home/isidro/slicer-prusa.bak'

2.) Remove from mono folder.
    rm -rv '/home/isidro/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/repetier/slicers/slic3rpe'

2. removed a prusape directory that is what I was playing with when the crash accured. 

I never got to #3 because I checked it and it started working agian. 
    3.) Optional, put back in mono folder.
    cp -rv '/home/isidro/slicer-prusa.bak' '/home/isidro/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/repetier/slicers/slic3rpe'

One more question.

What is the proper way to run the host throu the server.  before the crash, I was right clicking on the server folder and opening with Repetier-Host. 

Now Repetier Host does not show up as an option to open the server.  Perhaps because I don't have it in my Launcher? 

• >What is the proper way to run the host through the server.  before the crash, I was right clicking on the server folder and opening with Repetier-Host.  
    >Now Repetier Host does not show up as an option to open the server.  Perhaps because I don't have it in my Launcher?  

Sounds somehow wrong, so maybe there is a misunderstanding. Assuming server is Repetier-Server - that is a independent software to control printers also remotely from browsers in same network. Once installed it starts automatically when you start linux, so nothing required to start.

In host printer settings you can choose to connect to the printer over Repetier-Server instead of directly connecting to it. That way you have benefits from both products and you can close host once print has started and server will continue to print it in background. You need to have configured server to connect to the printer of course. 

Also note that only one software should connect to printer directly, also linux allows multiple connections it will break communication to 100%.