Error:er cooler speed [0-255]

Repetier-Host V2.0.1 is having issue with my Delta printer (Micromake D1). As soon as it starts printing it stops and spits out errors. It doesn't even shut off extruder...
20:26:56.226 : Error:er cooler speed [0-255]
20:26:56.226 : Resend:1031
20:26:56.241 : Error:er cooler speed [0-255]
20:26:56.241 : Resend:1031
20:26:59.263 : Warning: Seems like we missed a ok, got a wait - continue sending.

So I installed old version 1.6.2 and that works just fine...

Tried using both Cura and Slic3r. Let me know if you need more details... 
Windows 10 x64. Printing via USB (Baud: 250000).

Comments

• Just communication errors I guess. You could try different usb cables and usb speeds if it gets too bad. Sometimes one of these has influence on it. But most printers have an error from time to time.

Set firmware to use line numbers in ok. That helps solving missed "ok" on the fly.
  • Repetier said:
    Just communication errors I guess. You could try different usb cables and usb speeds if it gets too bad. Sometimes one of these has influence on it. But most printers have an error from time to time.

Set firmware to use line numbers in ok. That helps solving missed "ok" on the fly.
    Thanks! I originally thought that too, and changed USB cable and port but it didn't help. But version 1.6.2 works flawlessly every time and 2.0.1 fails every single time... How do you explain that? :)
  • To explain I would need to see full log around the error not just error message. In principle both use same communication system, just 2.0.5 has some more cases to test as it knows newer firmware better. But I do not really expect that this causes problems.
  • I am having a similar problem. The "Error:er cooler speed" error gets spit out then it goes further South as it goes on to give me "Error:expected line" mixed in with the first error in loop. Once that all settles in to a nice circle of life, it bricks the software and I have to manually kill the process, restart it, and reconnect to the printer.

Frankly I haven't touched my printer in a while and I'm getting back in to it so it could be something horrifically stupid but I also did just update my Repetier and my Kossel was working just fine when I ran it last.

I have tried reducing my baud, cache, some other small things, and even talking really nicely to it all to no avail.

Data log attached (problems start near the bottom, sorry for all the clutter, was looking for as much info recorded as possible).
  • Error:er cooler speed
    looks like an error message in firmware for AVR is missing a PSTR() or text area is bigger then 64kb so wrong ram position gets used for issuing the error message. I know this happens in repetier-firmware e.g. if you have too many languages selected. Makes it hard to say what firmware tries to say here. What does compiler say about text size?
  • edited August 2019
    Now we're out of my wheelhouse significantly, how do I read the firmware that's already on the board? It's been so long I lost all the original stuff I got with the kit... Also, did my original .txt file not send? I attached a log of the errors but I'm not seeing it.
  • M115 reports firmware installed normally. But if it compiled with too big text area is not visible.
  • I found a copy of my firmware from back when I flashed it! (attached, hoping this attachment works?)
  • Repetier said:
    M115 reports firmware installed normally. But if it compiled with too big text area is not visible.
    Sent the previous comment before I read this, all the same, still don't understand "too big text area is not visible" sorry :/
  • The AVR chips are 8 bit processors with 16 bit address so they can only address 65536 bytes. To use more bytes (they have 256KB flash) they use some tricks, but these do not work addressing constant stored data like the strings stored in flash. So if they are beyond the 64K limit they take result from first 64K instead which is not the text wanted but bit 17 and 18 are just ignored here. So if your text using lets say 10 translations is bigger everything stored beyond the 64K limit will not show as expected but with wrong strings they get from the "wrong" address. That is why error messages make no sense. Solution is as simple as removing languages from config and only activate the one you want to see. Then size is < 64K and everything works.
  • Awesome, thank you! I just checked my language.h file and do indeed have 10 languages including Aragonese and Finnish -___-

Next steps, how do I remove them easily? Can I just remove all the code between "#if LANGUAGE_CHOICE == (x)" and "#endif" and reflash that new firmware, can I delete the languages off of the firmware from my computer, or do I need to do it across more than just the language file? (sorry for all the questions, pretty illiterate at this sort of thing)
  • look at your configuration.h  

there should be some lines like :

#define LANGUAGE_DE_ACTIVE 1 // German
    #define LANGUAGE_EN_ACTIVE 1 // English

1 means language gets compiled in , 0 means not 

select the language you want and reflash the board , thats all
  • RAyWB said:
    look at your configuration.h  

there should be some lines like :

#define LANGUAGE_DE_ACTIVE 1 // German
    #define LANGUAGE_EN_ACTIVE 1 // English

1 means language gets compiled in , 0 means not 

select the language you want and reflash the board , thats all
    ...again, sorry if I'm being dense here but I haven't changed a thing since I first flashed it to the machine and I can't find any language definition in the config file (or files for that matter). The machine is admittedly a Chinese kit that had some mods made to the Repetier firmware (some in Chinese) and I just can't figure out where to look.

As an aside, I tried to attach my firmware packet before and it said it attached properly but then didn't post with my comment. Am I going nuts here or are my attachments being stripped from my comments?
  • you have to upload your files to a place you want (f.e. Google drive) and just place the link here.

• Ah, my bad. Original data log and firmware attached in link (EEPROM also just in case it helps):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tw5Zow0J90K8JTjvkEGtX1juRfdbMSJ5?usp=sharing

I appreciate all the hand-holding. Let me know if there's anything I can do to thank you.
  • The firmware you attached is Marlin ....
    it´s not Repetier Firmware so sorry, i can´t help you.
  • strange...from data log firmware should be repetier 92.9 ...  in that case the attached firmware does not match to data log
  • RAyWB said:
    strange...from data log firmware should be repetier 92.9 ...  in that case the attached firmware does not match to data log
    Right, it's been a while, could've done something different and just not remembering correctly. Any idea how I can easily download the firmware from the delta to edit and reflash?
  • as far as i know there is no way , at least not an easy one.
    a hard one would be to write down all values and tags  shown in eeprom editor and set up a new one using
    the configuration tool , but I´m pretty shure you will not get a running firmware in one shot as not all settings show up in eeprom.
  • RAyWB said:
    as far as i know there is no way , at least not an easy one.
    a hard one would be to write down all values and tags  shown in eeprom editor and set up a new one using
    the configuration tool , but I´m pretty shure you will not get a running firmware in one shot as not all settings show up in eeprom.
    Damn, any thoughts for a fix? I don't mind completely re-flashing the firmware with a fresh batch, I just TOTALLY don't know where I'd start in terms of writing a profile. I tried recently just to see if it was hard and there are WAY too many variables and I got a bunch errors when it compiled.
  • There is no way around filling the data also preset is good in many cases if you are in doubt. But at least hardware must be defined correctly to work. Maybe googling gives you a better start configuration. Otherwise use marlin config to get most values. Also check eeprom settings which also contains variables used in config - just not all values. But the one present should be copied.
  • finally dug up some firmware that is actual repetier firmware meant for my hardware config of delta and after a few tweaks for the updated IDE it flashed just perfectly, onto bed levelling issues -____- issue resolved here though

thank you all