"@pause" Command

edited August 2019 in Feature Requests
Evening from Canada;

I am loving what you have been doing to the Repetier Server and use it to run my machine at home.
I just started using the @pause command so I can change filament at a crucial layer.
Just though a great feature would be the ability to see where the pauses are, for example a marker in the Z-position slider or such.
Also, displaying the ETA to the next @pause would be wonderful, so I can plan when I need to be near my printer again.

Thanks again and keep up the great work

Comments

• Nice idea. Have to think about that and what is possible without making it complicated.
  • Hi,
    I have this in Marlin : #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SCRIPT "@pause"
    but Repetier Server show:  
    echo:enqueueing "@pause"
    echo:Unknown command: "@pause"
  • @ commands are not gcode that firmwares understand. These only work on server side. What about  M600 gcode for marlin. Server detects that and goes to filament change.
  • If I use M600, the printer Stop but I dont know how I can resume the print. My server dont goes to filament change. 
  • Might be that firmware goes to blocking mode to handle change it self. Not so sure what marlin does in that case. If firmware detects it and goes to pause the pause button becomes a continue button.
  • If I use : #define EMERGENCY_PARSER in Marlin, I can resume the print with M108 .
    Now it works
  • Then M600 is blocking firmware side and only the fact that server can send emergency commands help getting it comtinue as it is not a real server pause. More a mixture:-)
  • edited September 2020
    ;added code by post processing
    ;script: PauseAtHeight.py
    ;current layer: 27
    M83 ; switch to relative E values for any needed retraction
    G1 F300 Z5.25 ; move up a millimeter to get out of the way
    G1 F9000 X190 Y190
    G1 F300 Z19.25
    M84 E0
    and press filament now change @pause ; Do the actual pause
    G1 F300 Z5.25
    G1 F9000 X77.789 Y96.66
    G1 F2400 ; restore extrusion feedrate
    M82
    G92 E3348.3562
    G92 E3348.3562
    ;LAYER:27

I use this gcode to change filament. But it starts afer a splitsecond - so there is no time for filamentchange.

is @pause not working in a text? bc. thats how i get it out of cura postprocessing

• Server commands must start at linestart with @ or ;@ or will be ignored.

Also 
    G1 F300 Z5.25 ; move up a millimeter to get out of the way
    is dangerous if you are higher then 5.25mm or is this already added by the script?

• allready added by the script :)
    ok thanks. i will try.

And Thanks for your fast reply again!
    I enjoy your support!
  • worked like you said.
  • It would also be great to have the option to automatically translate the M600-command into a @pause on the fly during printing. In that case all the M600's inserted by prusaslicer for color change would result in processing the custom gcode for the @pause command configured in repetier server. Since for example the Mega S doesn't support the M600 one has to manually replace all the lines in the code. That option would be a great help.
  • I like the idea and I'm quite sure it can be done with some minor changes. So guess it will be in next update:-)
  • this is great! Thanks for implementing this feature to use @pause as gcode. I comfirm that it works like a charm =) Using it in my Duet 2 control script (https://stadtfabrikanten.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65405851)