Connect to repetier host from a different PC.

Hey everyone, hope you all doing well.
First of I don't know if this is a correct section so please move it if it's not.
My story: For about a year now, I always connected my 3D printer to my desktop PC (which is in my room on the second floor). Now, I would like to move the printer to the garage. So I set up an old laptop with Linux to use with the printer downstairs. But, I would like to have repetier host on the laptop to easily control the printer, but I would also like to be able to control it from my desktop also via repetier host. Is that somehow possible?
Probably running repetier host and server both at the same time on the laptop and repetier host on my desktop. Or is there an easier way to do that?
Thanks for any suggestion :)

Comments

• Install repetier-server on the device in garage and in host select repetier-server connector. That way you can use host more or less like before with the server doing the connection stuff. You can even add a webcam to see the printer from your office. Just make sure both are in same network.
  • Repetier said:
    Install repetier-server on the device in garage and in host select repetier-server connector. That way you can use host more or less like before with the server doing the connection stuff. You can even add a webcam to see the printer from your office. Just make sure both are in same network.
    Just if I got it right: Install repetier-server on the laptop. Install repetier-host on the laptop. Install repetier-host on my desktop. On both PCs, setup repetier-server connection?
  • Server is the one talking to printer. That is all you need if you use a webbrowser. In addition you can use Repetier-Host to connect and control it. It is just a additional possible interface to the server. Install it where you want to use the host. It is also ok to have 2 hosts connected to same server if you want to use it also locally to control printer. But you can also switch any time between desktop and laptop, even stop host and restart without stopping a print.