TronXY with Melzi V2.05 hex file too big - what do you recommend I remove. Thanks

2»

Comments

• working on installing the bed leveling device... keep you informed.. OH and I am running 1.0.3.....
  • edited March 2019
    Oh, big problem... thought it was almost done.. in the firmware to set the "HOME" and start the bed leveling procedure How do I move the X axis over 20 CM to make sure the sensor is hitting he aluminum build plate.. Do I need to reprogram the control board? If you look at the video below, when their printer goes to home it goes to the center of the build plate.. How can I move my print head to X=30, Y=0 and Z=10 because the sensor will determine that that should be... Thanks for your help.. Richard 

This is the link I am using to calibrate my TronXY...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYDOZ9pUQIs&t=179s

Thanks again Richard 
  • I do not really underdstand what you are trying here. Which step of the video are you refering to? G1 can move your head where you want also it doe snot really matter where you calibrate distance.

Later for autoleveling you have the 3 points stored in eeprom that will be used and firmware will use them automatically.

For homing select an order with temperature preheat (which you set to 0). There you can set position to home z in config tool.
  • Ok let me look at that.. what happened is that I put the sensor on and when to calibrate... I should have seen it but the sensor hangs off the edge of the bed as a result the extruder hit the bed before I could power off.. I should have seen that.. Just late at night... Oh and I am looking at the first step. 
  • Ok, that is bad with these sensors. So check for your positions that this does not happen. With manual G30 tests it is of course easy to happen, but for preprogrammed positions it should work. Also for homing you might want to pre raise z so it is always untriggered before going down.
  • Ok, I will use:
    G91
    G1 Z10

is there a way to have the extruder move to the center of the bed to HOME is selected? This would solve a lot of problems.. as the sensor hangs off one side of the metal fan enclosure that is on the extruder.. and I loose bed space. Thanks for all the help... Richard (Note: finals are next week.. so I may not look at this for a few weeks.) 
  • Not per configuration. If you look into printer.cpp for me line 2199 in homing sequence you see

moveToReal(startX, startY, startZ, IGNORE_COORDINATE, homingFeedrate[X_AXIS]);

add before it new coordinates to start for x and y

startX = 100;
    startY = 100;
    moveToReal(startX, startY, startZ, IGNORE_COORDINATE, homingFeedrate[X_AXIS]);

and that will be you position after homing.
  • ok did that and that works for the most part.. but when i select HOME on the Repetier-Host software on my laptop it goes the the upper right had corner of the printer. Because the sensor is off the board at this point bad things happen to the printer bed! :( Is there a way in the printer code  I can change to make it go to the center of the printer when HOME is selected on the Repetier-Host  screen. Thanks for all the help. Also, I now can make change the the Melzi V2.0.5 board with out any problems.. Got that down. Thanks again. Richard  
  • Choose homing order with temperature, then you can tell where to z home on bed as well. Set required temperature to 0 to ignore that part.
  • Here are some configuration.h vlaues...

// ############# Heated bed configuration ########################

#define HAVE_HEATED_BED 1
    #define HEATED_BED_PREHEAT_TEMP 55
    #define HEATED_BED_MAX_TEMP 120
    #define SKIP_M190_IF_WITHIN 3
    #define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_TYPE 6
    #define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_PIN TEMP_1_PIN
    #define HEATED_BED_HEATER_PIN HEATER_1_PIN
    #define HEATED_BED_SET_INTERVAL 5000
    #define HEATED_BED_HEAT_MANAGER 0
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX 255
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MIN 80
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_PGAIN_OR_DEAD_TIME   196
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_IGAIN   33
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_DGAIN 290
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_MAX 255
    #define HEATED_BED_DECOUPLE_TEST_PERIOD 300000
    #define MIN_EXTRUDER_TEMP 150
    #define MAXTEMP 275
    #define MIN_DEFECT_TEMPERATURE -10
    #define MAX_DEFECT_TEMPERATURE 290
    #define MILLISECONDS_PREHEAT_TIME 30000

I should set the #define MIN_EXTRUDER_TEMP 150 to zero, 0 correct.. this is for a Melzi V2.0.5 controller board with one extruder on a TronXY 3S printer. just want to make sure.. and thanks... 

Richard

• what about #define HEATED_BED_PREHEAT_TEMP 55.. should I set that to zero? Thanks again.. Richard 
  • No only the one used for homing:
    // Used for homing order HOME_ORDER_ZXYTZ
    #define ZHOME_MIN_TEMPERATURE 0

That is the minimum temperature enforced when homing. Required if nozzle tip is part of sensor and ooze changes height.
  • interesting this is set to zero. see below:
    #define MAX_FEEDRATE_Z 4
    #define HOMING_FEEDRATE_X 100
    #define HOMING_FEEDRATE_Y 100
    #define HOMING_FEEDRATE_Z 2
    // changed by Richard Brown to do the Y azis first
    // Then the X azis and finally the Z azis because
    // the Y goes off the bed.
    //#define HOMING_ORDER HOME_ORDER_XYZ
    #define HOMING_ORDER HOME_ORDER_YXZ
    #define ZHOME_PRE_RAISE 0
    #define ZHOME_PRE_RAISE_DISTANCE 10
    #define RAISE_Z_ON_TOOLCHANGE 0
    #define ZHOME_MIN_TEMPERATURE 0
    #define ZHOME_HEAT_ALL 1
    #define ZHOME_HEAT_HEIGHT 20
    #define ZHOME_X_POS 999999
    #define ZHOME_Y_POS 999999
    #define ENABLE_BACKLASH_COMPENSATION 1

but for some reason the extruder still tries to go to 0,0 and then Z axis zero.. 

If I change the #define ZHOME_X_POS  and the #define ZHOME_Y_POS  to 110 each and by bed is 220 will that work? 

Thanks
    Richard 
  • Because you still have homing order on HOME_ORDER_YXZ which is one without T as I said! Use HOME_ORDER_XYTZ instead. Only these use homing position. And also 
    #define ZHOME_X_POS 999999
    #define ZHOME_Y_POS 999999
    which is the homing position for z is set to ignore at the moment.
  • OK done... I used HOME_ORDER_ZXYTZ  and then I used  HOME_ORDER_XYTZ . Each time when I selected the HOME on the Repetire-Sever screen the exturder  went to the upper corner of the print bed. Can I work on a video and upload it to Box.net for you to look at.. That may help a lot. Also, very interesting, when Z HOME is selected the extruder goes up and down twice. I will work on the video. A picture is worth a lot describing what is happening. Best to you. I will try to get it done my Monday. 
  • Make sure to replace
    #define ZHOME_X_POS 999999
    #define ZHOME_Y_POS 999999
    with homing position.

Z will in deed test twice like any action so that sounds ok.
  • ok hate to have you loose confidence with me..but how were these values derived at? They are from the documentation on bed leveling.. Thanks 
    #define Z_PROBE_X1 -69.28
    #define Z_PROBE_Y1 -40
    #define Z_PROBE_X2 69.28
    #define Z_PROBE_Y2 -40
    #define Z_PROBE_X3 0
    #define Z_PROBE_Y3 80
  • These are used for bed leveling and are for a delta which is why they contain negative coordinates. You need them to span a rectangle in such a way that all points can be reached with enabled z probe. Cause of the z probe offset this is normally not your printing region but a smaller part of it.