Repetier-Server for farm

Hi!
I have about 15 printers that I would like to combine into a farm.
I think to install on each printer an Orange Pi Zero with a "Repetier-Server" or "octoprint" software.
And use one pc to control all printers.

Is it possible to get a single dashboard for all devices available on the network?
Will I need to buy a PRO version for each micro PC? Or can I install one license for everyone?
What can you recommend in my case?

Comments

• I recommend use raspberrypi. You can use also Repetier-host but it can not multiple connection (you need reconnection everytime). I think thah it (multiple connection for printers) need add to Repetier-host. It will be good.

• We are working on a monitor software that would show all server instances in one interface. Will come with next server update.

Our pro package includes 5 licenses, so you can install it on 5 installations. If you use one pi for 3 printers (server supports multiple printers per device) that would be enough. Otherwise you need 3 pro licenses for 15 installations.
  • Thank.
    I will wait for the update;)
  • Repetier said:
    We are working on a monitor software that would show all server instances in one interface. Will come with next server update.

Our pro package includes 5 licenses, so you can install it on 5 installations. If you use one pi for 3 printers (server supports multiple printers per device) that would be enough. Otherwise you need 3 pro licenses for 15 installations.

Hi!! When do you think that release this version¿? Just this week i have to start with something like this using several licenses, about 20 printers to start. A simple dashboard that collect all server instances.

Thanks for advice.
    Regards.
  • Just start. It is an addition - you still need to configure them same as now.

No release date yet but will be end of may/beginning of june. Then you just update the servers to 0.92.0 and install the desktop app and tell it your server addresses.
  • Awesome! Ill be the first tester, :D

Thanks!
  • Repetier said:
    We are working on a monitor software that would show all server instances in one interface. Will come with next server update.

Can you show some screenshot? Or i can do betta test it. I has 2 different servers.
  • Maybe I should in deed make a beta page some day. Due to all the different platforms it is not so easy to just publish a beta. Publishing takes several hours for me, so nothing I do that much. Normally I just compile the devices for me that I use for testing. So don't think it will make a beta before it is finished. But since monitor is first release all comments are welcome once it is out.
  • Waiting for this release... I will promise to post feedback.
  • edited May 2019
    Repetier said:
    Maybe I should in deed make a beta page some day. Due to all the different platforms it is not so easy to just publish a beta. Publishing takes several hours for me, so nothing I do that much. Normally I just compile the devices for me that I use for testing. So don't think it will make a beta before it is finished. But since monitor is first release all comments are welcome once it is out.
    Will good if for repetier-server (example) you do branch selection builtin software for simply select beta-test branch and stable branch. I think that you can add feedback form inside software for fast report problems and send with an report logs files (automatic).
    G
    M
    T
    Y
    Определить языкАзербайджанскийАлбанскийАмхарскийАнглийскийАрабскийАрмянскийАфрикаансБаскскийБелорусскийБенгальскийБирманскийБолгарскийБоснийскийВаллийскийВенгерскийВьетнамскийГавайскийГаитянскийГалисийскийГолландскийГреческийГрузинскийГуджаратиДатскийЗулуИвритИгбоИдишИндонезийскийИрландскийИсландскийИспанскийИтальянскийЙорубаКазахскийКаннадаКаталанскийКиргизскийКитайский ТрадКитайский УпрКорейскийКорсиканскийКурманджиКхмерскийКхосаЛаосскийЛатинскийЛатышскийЛитовскийЛюксембургскийМакедонскийМалагасийскийМалайскийМалаяламМальтийскийМаориМаратхиМонгольскийНемецкийНепальскийНорвежскийПанджабиПерсидскийПольскийПортугальскийПуштуРумынскийРусскийСамоанскийСебуанскийСербскийСесотоСингальскийСиндхиСловацкийСловенскийСомалийскийСуахилиСунданскийТаджикскийТайскийТамильскийТелугуТурецкийУзбекскийУкраинскийУрдуФилиппинскийФинскийФранцузскийФризскийХаусаХиндиХмонгХорватскийЧеваЧешскийШведскийШонаШотландский (гэльский)ЭсперантоЭстонскийЯванскийЯпонский
    АзербайджанскийАлбанскийАмхарскийАнглийскийАрабскийАрмянскийАфрикаансБаскскийБелорусскийБенгальскийБирманскийБолгарскийБоснийскийВаллийскийВенгерскийВьетнамскийГавайскийГаитянскийГалисийскийГолландскийГреческийГрузинскийГуджаратиДатскийЗулуИвритИгбоИдишИндонезийскийИрландскийИсландскийИспанскийИтальянскийЙорубаКазахскийКаннадаКаталанскийКиргизскийКитайский ТрадКитайский УпрКорейскийКорсиканскийКурманджиКхмерскийКхосаЛаосскийЛатинскийЛатышскийЛитовскийЛюксембургскийМакедонскийМалагасийскийМалайскийМалаяламМальтийскийМаориМаратхиМонгольскийНемецкийНепальскийНорвежскийПанджабиПерсидскийПольскийПортугальскийПуштуРумынскийРусскийСамоанскийСебуанскийСербскийСесотоСингальскийСиндхиСловацкийСловенскийСомалийскийСуахилиСунданскийТаджикскийТайскийТамильскийТелугуТурецкийУзбекскийУкраинскийУрдуФилиппинскийФинскийФранцузскийФризскийХаусаХиндиХмонгХорватскийЧеваЧешскийШведскийШонаШотландский (гэльский)ЭсперантоЭстонскийЯванскийЯпонский
    Звуковая функция ограничена 200 символами
  • I'm working on a different way to acomplish this. Using and testing different USB2Ethernet packages right now, so I can monitor all my printers and webcams running on different servers, using cheap old RPI or similar just to share its USB.
  • USB2Ethernet is a nice idea - I assume you then use ethernet connection to connect to printer?

But I think it increases likelyhood of bigger failure if you have a problem on ethernet. Then all printers will fail. On the other side ethernet is quite stable normally. Only if it's same as router is on a router restart might hurt.
  • edited May 2019
    Yes, I'm connecting all the stuff by Ethernet. I started testing because no way to connect 5 printers and 5 webcams to monitor all the stuff in a single place. Power is a problem in USB and Raspberry, and so the webcam stream (I had to use very low resolution to connect more than 2 cameras). So using USB2Ethernet I'm using right now 2 Rpi3b with 4 printers and 3 webcams, and soon I'll add an old Rpi2b for the last 5th printer and 2 webcams. Then I'll add a Rpi3 for every machine and webcam. Also, It's great the repetier server ability to render the images in a remote server which I'm using.
    There's so much time in this configuration, I'll share it when finished.
    (Sorry for the bad quality in images)

• @xxabi Hi, any update on this configuration tutorial? Thank you in advance!