Print time calculation with Prusa i3 MK3

Hi,
I added my Prusa i3 MK3 to my print server. The assistent got the accelerations from the firmware. However the print time is wrong.
The slicer from Prusa says about 1h, for instance, then it's about 11-12h on the repetier server.

I tried to set the print time multiplier to "0.1", then it's better, bat far from good.

Has anybody an idea what the problem could be?
I made a guide, showing how I setup the printer.

https://andreas-reitberger.de/knowledgebase/prusa-i3-mk3-mit-repetier-server-pro/

Thanks!

Comments

• Did you already do the temperature timing wizard? If not it might add wrong times for heatup/cooldown. Depending on value sit can be quite long. Also I'm sure prusa can move faster then 100mm/s. Remaining values look good except motion acceleration 10000 will not be used. Marlin makes no difference here.
  • Hi,
    thanks for the reply. I just set the motion acceleration to 10.000 to see if the time changes. But it didn't.
    I'll try the temp. timing wizard. Maybe this will solve the problem.

I'll keep you posted! Thanks for helping out.

Best,
    Andy
  • Repetier said:
    Did you already do the temperature timing wizard? If not it might add wrong times for heatup/cooldown. Depending on value sit can be quite long. Also I'm sure prusa can move faster then 100mm/s. Remaining values look good except motion acceleration 10000 will not be used. Marlin makes no difference here.
    Hi, 
    I made the temp. calibration, however the print time is still wrong. I set the multiplicator back to 1. Now it says 13h for a 1h:30min print job.

I did select the "RepRapFirmware". Is this accurate for the prusa?
    Thanks for helping!
  • Prusa should be run with Marlin firmware selected. But I do not think that this has such an influence if you chnage it on server except that it now uses the correct commands. On slicer side it might make a difference if it adds special gcodes. Can you share it then I upload it on my prusa MK3 and check what it tells me as time. Then we know it is a setting or something with the gcode leads the server to wrong calculations.
  • Hi,
    sorry for the long wait. I sliced this nozzle organizer.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3604327/files

Prusa Slic3r says: 8h 11 min for this print job.

Here is the gcode file
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1be4Bhih5hfmsEv70HzWHvccVAtfKnR-l

Here is what the print time calculation says on repetier server.

Thanks for looking into this!
  • Ok have uploaded it to Prusa server of me and it says 8:17 hours, so is between the 2 prusa estimates, so that would be ok. So it is at least possible to get the right time. Since all influences are in your server printer config, can you publish that as well so I can install that instead and see what happens. 
  • edited May 2019
    Repetier said:
    Ok have uploaded it to Prusa server of me and it says 8:17 hours, so is between the 2 prusa estimates, so that would be ok. So it is at least possible to get the right time. Since all influences are in your server printer config, can you publish that as well so I can install that instead and see what happens. 
    Sure, here you go.
    Prusa_i3_MK3.zip
  • No attachment. You need to use google drive again as you can not attach files. Just have no idea why the attach button does not disappear here.
  • Your config still contains RepRapFirmware which is also the reason. Your gcode has aline to set maximum speeds:
    M203 X200 Y200 Z12 E120 ; sets maximum feedrates, mm/sec

Now in marlin unit is mm/s but for reprapfirmware it is mm/min so you reduced printer for computation to very slow speed.

Unfortunately changing firmware type does not recompute times. Wasn't aware that it has timing influence. So change a acceleration by 1 to force recalculation of print times for uploaded gcodes. Then they should be in correct range once you have selected Marlin firmware.
  • Hi!
    Thanks for helping out. Now it's working fine!
  • What I got from reading this is this. If you buy a 3d printer that recommends this software GO ELSE WHERE IT IS NOT SET UP FOR YOUR PRINTER.  Which means They need to stop promoting this software with printers as it is absolute garbage!  1hr to 11hr? yeah its the speed setting of YOUR software cant be us no no no deflect deflect lay blame else where etc bad service

• This was no software problem! He just had the wrong firmware selected which would in deed had taken 11 hours with that gcode as it interprets commands differently. There was no config file from vendor for our software as I understood, so it was just a simple misconfiguration which can happen. And we found it. So what is the problem?