Webcam software not available in Australian Apple AppStore

edited May 2019 in Mac
Hi - I am trialling Repetier-Server in the hope of purchasing if I can run a webcam. The software link provided in your documentation is not available in the Australian AppStore. Is there a direct download available for the developer (don't even know who it is) or is there another way to generate an MPG stream ? Im using a Logitech 922 Pro.

https://www.repetier-server.com/setting-webcam-repetier-server-mac/

Comments

• That's bad. Just wanted to check the app and it also says it is not in my country available. Was so happy to have found one and now that. Hope it gets back soon. Guess some config error of the vendor.

Anyhow any mjpg capable webcam solution will do, it is not especially bound to that software. That was just one we found was working.
  • Repetier said:
    That's bad. Just wanted to check the app and it also says it is not in my country available. Was so happy to have found one and now that. Hope it gets back soon. Guess some config error of the vendor.

Anyhow any mjpg capable webcam solution will do, it is not especially bound to that software. That was just one we found was working.
    Who is the developer? I spent a few hours trying to get ffmpg to work. I'm not buying any more hardware for this. 
  • Since I can also not see the app store entry I can not say who developed the webcam software for mac we reference.
    I see no reason to buy hardware, you just need a different streaming software for mac to get the mjpg stream from webcam. I'm quite sure there are alternative free versions and if someone shows me a good one I will also add it in the tutorial. I know even ffmpeg in an older version could do that. Unfortunately that function was removed with newer versions.