CNC Change tool

Hi

I have been trying to turn my printer into a cnc machine I have purchased Estlcam and  am using G codes generated by it in Reperier Host.

My problem is at change tool Estlcam uses G codes that repetier does not recognise. 

I want to load the code into the printer sd card.

At change tool  I want the 1 printer lift z  go to home 2 have the  lcd report change tool continue when ready.

3 When I press continue the print starts where it left off.

I am using Repetier Firmware

Can you wright the code for me or help I  am using the sainsmart lcd.

Comments

• You can e.g. add a M6 command in commands.cpp. Unfortunately my time frame does not allow me writing such special solutions. LCD output is a bit difficult to integrate and will take most of the time, except if you only change the status line. So I would suggest to do just that. Memory position, move send status message and wait for a button to be pressed. With sole sd card solution that should be no problem with timeout of host software. Otherwise you would need a more complicated solution.
  • Can you post a gcode  section  to see what Estlcam generates for tool change?
  • RAyWB said:
    Can you post a gcode  section  to see what Estlcam generates for tool change?

Repetier said:
    You can e.g. add a M6 command in commands.cpp. Unfortunately my time frame does not allow me writing such special solutions. LCD output is a bit difficult to integrate and will take most of the time, except if you only change the status line. So I would suggest to do just that. Memory position, move send status message and wait for a button to be pressed. With sole sd card solution that should be no problem with timeout of host software. Otherwise you would need a more complicated solution.

• Hi  RAyWB

The code in Estlcam is

; No.2: Drill 2

MO5

MO5

; Change Tool 5MM

MO3

• Guthrie said:

Hi  RAyWB

The code in Estlcam is

; No.2: Drill 2

MO5

MOO

; Change Tool 5MM

MO3

Sorry about that

Gb

• ok, so M05 is spindle stop,
    M00 is machine stop
    and M03 is spindle start.

as far as i know that´s just something like a workaround for a real m6...

the minor problem is that repetier does not understand the m00.

what about z-correction for different tool lengths ?
    ist there something estlcam does or do you have to probe?

next problem is that you have to lift z-axis to change the tool ...

where is your probe? mobile or fix in table?

the usual way would be to start with a tool, probe to workpiece to get a Z-value

for tool change you have to  memory position , lift z ,stop spindle , goto probe ,measure tool length , lift z again , change tool, acknowledge tool change(button), measure new length, correct offset and go back to memorized position.

that´s what a standard toolchange procedure should do.

i wrote something like that 2 years ago , but special for my machine may be i can hook it up again
    and make a short video how it works.
    are you located in germany?

• RAyWB said:
    ok, so M05 is spindle stop,
    M00 is machine stop

the usual way would be to start with a tool, probe to workpiece to get a Z-value

for tool change you have to  memory position , lift z ,stop spindle , goto probe ,measure tool length , lift z again , change tool, acknowledge tool change(button), measure new length, correct offset and go back to memorized position.

i wrote something like that 2 years ago , but special for my machine may be i can hook it up again

RAyWB said:
    M00 is machine stop

• RAyWB said:
    M00 is machine stop