Server to Server Communication VIA LAN for Alternative Comunication

I have 2 PI's
both connected to network Wireless

Question if I plug a Lan Cable into the Lan Port of Each will the communicate across the lan to to help Process Renderings ect  or will they only use the Reconfigured WiFi ?
Or would they Have to connected to network by by Lan

I have Hi Network Trafic on my Network due to IP Cameras and would like to be able to Isolate the PI to PI Connection if Possable
It would Be nice to Rack a few Pies on a small 5 port switch as well if running more Printers

Comments

• You can have wifi and lan in parallel. Both networks will have differet IPs and for external rendering over local cloud they use the ip you entered. If the target pc ip is a wlan they go at least the last part over wlan. If target is reachable over wifi and ethernet it i sup to linux to decide which route. Normally the one answering first which is normaly ethernet.
  • edited March 2019
    What if I used a Crossover Cable between the to Pi's and Set the LAN's to statics on  them  
    Wifi Uses 192.168.2.10  and 2. 11

Can I just Set the lan's to 192.168.1.10 and 1.11  

I would assume a small crossover cable would get a much quicker response then wifi that's got 156ms Latency

and Of course this is just to use the Second PI as a Alternative Server ?

and can I use config.txt to set eth0 to static IP ? 

Sorry Been Windows guy for 20 Years lynx is whole different World :(

• Found   in Q & A  trying above Idea
    sudo nmtui

• nmtui is the easiest way to setup static ip for ethernet.

Do not understand why you need to connect to 2 PIs? Outsourcing slow operations to an identical device is not making it faster. The idea to outsource renderings was that the "slave" server runs e.g. on a normal pc and hence is much faster.
  • looks like I need to Buy small Router

• edited March 2019
    Repetier said:
    nmtui is the easiest way to setup static ip for ethernet.

Do not understand why you need to connect to 2 PIs? Outsourcing slow operations to an identical device is not making it faster. The idea to outsource renderings was that the "slave" server runs e.g. on a normal pc and hence is much faster.
    makes sense I have a spare Dell Quad Core with 4 gigs ram I am thinking of Just Installing Lynx on it and letting it run repeater server as I am also streaming live prints I think it is just overwhelming the poor little PI

IS their a Basic Lynx Install I can Use or do I need to Load Repeater on the Machine Preinstalled with Lynx ?
    It dos not have to do anything Else but run 3 Printers
  • You mean lynx the web browser only showing text? The printer gui is not meant for text browsers and there is no variant for it. But with 4GB ram you can just use chrome like on pi. If pi can run it a Dell Quad Core can it even better.
  • Repetier said:
    You mean lynx the web browser only showing text? The printer gui is not meant for text browsers and there is no variant for it. But with 4GB ram you can just use chrome like on pi. If pi can run it a Dell Quad Core can it even better.
    No I am just trying to put together a 64 bit PC that will run linux with REPETEIR-SERVER and web Cams for each of my Printers.  PI just seems to be under powered for printing and Streaming. maybe I should Just stick with windows  :(

• Best choice is still a linux pc. Windows works but especially since W10 has the drawback of installing updates and rebooting when you do not expect it and some updates can not be prevented. Bad habit for dedicated 3d printer when you are running a long print. Between the reboots everything will of course work fine:-)