Printer randomly disconnects and wont reconnect unless I delete and add it again

Hi
I have a Prusa mk3s and a Formbot Raptor 1.0 on my Pi 3b. The Raptor randomly disconnects and when trying to activate, it becomes green for a split second, then disconnects again. I have to delete it in the GUI and add it again for it to work again. The Prusa keeps on going and going. Ive swapped USB ports, also  USB cables. Still random disconnects on the Raptor.

Comments

• If printers disconnect quickly they do not understand responses. Make sure you have set the correct firmware and correct baud rate. 

If you can work for a while and then it disconnects it is often a hardware issue. Deleting in gui should not be necessary. Unplug usb and reinsert normally works as it resets usb driver. If it is on the printer usb stack side you must disconnect and unpower printer. Otherwise a disable and enable in server will trigger a reconnect that solves problems sometimes. Is a bit like new creating the printer.
  • Repetier said:
    If printers disconnect quickly they do not understand responses. Make sure you have set the correct firmware and correct baud rate. 

If you can work for a while and then it disconnects it is often a hardware issue. Deleting in gui should not be necessary. Unplug usb and reinsert normally works as it resets usb driver. If it is on the printer usb stack side you must disconnect and unpower printer. Otherwise a disable and enable in server will trigger a reconnect that solves problems sometimes. Is a bit like new creating the printer.
    Thanks for a quick response. I see the Prusa has a baud rate of 115200, and the Raptor has a baudrate of 250000. Unplug and reinsert doesnt work, even not unplug and power off. I have to turn off the Raspberry to make it work, which means ill have to wait for the other machine to finish. Ill try testing with running the Raptor on 115200 too and let you know the progress
  • If only turning down the pi helps it is a linux issue most likely caused by wrong signals.  Haven't had that problem my self.
    On ssh console try
    sudo dmesg
    and see if you see many undervoltage messages. Often bad power unit is source for connection problems, also some will even work with light undervoltage. It might also depend on the usb counter part on the printer board. Do not think it is baud rate related, but it's worth a try.