Moving probe Z-up is vey slow

Hi I am trying version 1.0.3 and I dont know how to increase velocity in Z up when I am running G32 S2 command.
I have Probing Z speed to 20mm/s, Z home axis 8 mm/s  and Z axis movement 20mm/s Z axis acel and rapid to 100mm/s2.
I have these values in config file and eprom, I have verified, but when I do a automatic bed levelling and Z probe is going up only have a 2 or 3 mm/s.With 2 probe repetitions  to make a grid of 25x25 point takes a life.

Is there any variable in order to modify this value or It´s hard coded or I am wrong ?

So could you explain Z_PROBE_USE_MEDIAN?

Thanks in Advanced

G
M
T
Y
Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmháricoÁrabeArmenioAzeríBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCamboyanoCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChichewaChino simpChino tradCincalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinlandésFrancésFrisioGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGujaratiHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHolandésHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNepalíNoruegoPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotoShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulú
AfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmháricoÁrabeArmenioAzeríBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCamboyanoCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChichewaChino simpChino tradCincalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinlandésFrancésFrisioGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGujaratiHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHolandésHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNepalíNoruegoPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotoShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulú
La función de sonido está limitada a 200 caracteres

Comments

• Checking it I saw it is using HOMING_FEEDRATE_Z but not the eeprom value. Will fix it for next dev update. Anyhow it uses that value for th eback move as stored in configuration.h

Think of 3 measured height 2,2.1,2.3
    average = (2+2.1+2.3)/3 = 2,133
    Median is taking the center element of the sorted list instead so here 2.1

Media is good if you have 3 samples and normally all are close but sometimes one is way off due to a measure error. Then it is better to take the mid value instead of the polluted average. If probing is reliable returning same heights it does not really matter.

• Thanks a lot of. 
    Trying to use a polycarbonate surface heatBed for printing ABS and heatBed heat distort a little the surface, but automatic bed levelling is making the magic.
  • Hi again, I have changed Z homing Feed Rate in order to get more velocity in Z up movements with G32 command but velocity don´t  improve. For example in a grid of 35x35 I need two hours and 30 minuts.
    Have you any idea in order to improve this in version 1.0.3? I dont have idea but looks like this velocity is hardcoded.

Another question is. It´s possible save de matrix generated with command G32 to file in order to load later.

I mean the same you can make with G33 command.
    ;------------
    For example
    G33 L0   ----->listing+ cut&paste
    G33 X<xpos> Y<ypos> Z<newCorrection> << File Saved
    ;-----------------

I would like different mapping in function of surface, for example Mirror,Polycarbonate,Garolite, for differents filaments.

Thanks in advanced
    G
    M
    T
    Y
    Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmháricoÁrabeArmenioAzeríBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCamboyanoCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChichewaChino simpChino tradCincalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinlandésFrancésFrisioGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGujaratiHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHolandésHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNepalíNoruegoPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotoShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulú
    AfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmháricoÁrabeArmenioAzeríBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCamboyanoCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChichewaChino simpChino tradCincalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinlandésFrancésFrisioGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGujaratiHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHolandésHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNepalíNoruegoPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotoShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulú
  • Another question is, I want first layer adhesion correct in order ABS touch PolyCarbonate and avoid warping, with G32 S2 in a 35x35 matrix I get an 160x160mm square first layer of ABS quasi perfect.

So I thought,  if I mix G32+G33 i can get perfect adhesion.
    So I made G32 S2 (35x35) and after G33(15X15) after I made a bump map(7x7) I saw coordinates very similar difference for 0,005(basically the same procedure from youTube video) but when I am going to print there are parts of rectangle(160x160) first layer dont touch the bed. So mixing G32+G33 doesnt work for me.

Could you told me which is the correct secuence in get matrix, i mean G32+G33 or first G33 and after G32 or doesnt matter.
    I have read a post where you recommend this secuence (G33+G32), I could try it but It takes a lot of time get the 2 matrix, so in youTube video the secuence is G32+G33, I hope your help.

Thanks in Advanced

• Latest dev should now also use speed from eeprom.
    No you can not store G32 result to replay. That can be recreated easily running G32 S2 anyway.

G32 with 35x35 square is overkill as it will not store the positions. 3x3 or max. 4x4 is all you need here. There is no gain only wasting time for measurements. In fact only 3 points are used any extra point is just used for computing average plane through measurement points.

Sequence is G32 then G33. G33 is only to fix bending at low z values to adhesion and then correction reduces to 0 over height just as you defined. It i snot really meant for big error. These get covered by G32 and get also corrected over complete z height. So G33 values should ideally swing around 0 correction.

• Thanks a lot of.
    Everything are clear now.

Best Regards