Nozzle travels beyond printable radius while auto bed levelling

Hi!  
    I am using a delta printer with RAMPS 1.4 and configured it to run homing which works ok. Now I am trying to auto bed level, but the extruder nozzle moves away from the printable radius. I am trying to set the X_MAX_LENGTH and Y_MAX_LENGTH TO 150, but it behaves same way. May be I am unable to save the settings in EEPROM.
     I have been working on this issue from days together but could not find any solution. Please help me.

Comments

• You need to consider that activating z probe adds the offset. So select a rectangle inside your bed that is allowed including offset. Or do a simple 3 point bed levelling always close to the 3 columns but within limits of allowed coordinates.

x/y length is not really used for deltas I think.
  • Repetier said:
    You need to consider that activating z probe adds the offset. So select a rectangle inside your bed that is allowed including offset. Or do a simple 3 point bed levelling always close to the 3 columns but within limits of allowed coordinates.

x/y length is not really used for deltas I think.
    Thanks Repetier for answering!
    But I am new to 3D printers. I configured it for first time. So I knew only few parameters by which I was able To perform homing operation.  Now for auto bed levelling, I am using Bl Touch sensor, which is working for one point on bed, and moves beyond columns to test other 2 points. This generates grilling noise and I had to emergency stop.
              So, 
         "So select a rectangle inside your bed that is allowed including offset."

how do I select rectangle on bed?  Like, do i need to set them in repetier host?
    Please guide me thru.
  • Open in repetier-host eeprom editor to modify the 3 z-probe points. Meaning depends on how you compiled it. If it is a rectangle P1 is one edge, P2 will span one side P1->P2 and P3 spans a side P1->P3 of the parallelogram.
  • i have got Repetier-Host V2.1.3 version. I couldn't find P1, P2, P3 fields there. 
    I checked in firmware eeprom  configuration.
    The rectangle is as shown in image.

• Done it. Edited Z probe X1,Y1, X2, Y2 & X3, Y3, and it worked 
  • The rectangle you see is a preview sample for printer. You have enabled it in printer settings->shape and should disable it. Makes no sense to show a shape not matching printer.
  • Repetier said:
    The rectangle you see is a preview sample for printer. You have enabled it in printer settings->shape and should disable it. Makes no sense to show a shape not matching printer.
    OK.
    Anyways, thanks for support.
    Till now, I am able to home and auto bed level with 3 points. Further, what do I need to do more tests to start printing?
       Printing is working anyways, when I set the probe distance with bed manually (using paper).
  • You should use bed map function in host to see if printer is calibrated good. Otherwise check for escher delta calibration and use the variant with 6 variables to improve geometry settings. If after G32 S2 the distance is wrong your z probe height is off by the value you need to correct for good layer. So add error and rerun G32 S2. 
  • I used G32 S2 with following values;  (-69.28,-40), (69.28,-40),  (0,80) z probe points and it hit the coordinates near to origin. How to add error in these settings? Still confused as how to verify them.
       My printer has 165 mm printable radius, 531.95 height.
       How to verify this?
  • To build a sqaure you would need
    P1 = -69.28, -40
    P2 = 69.28, -40
    P3 = -69,28, 80  
    Old p3 was not above P1 but diagonally over it which made it a parallelogram.
  • Ok. Its hitting those coordinates I think. I want to find out border coordinates.
    I checked with following 
    150, 0 It hit border
    0, 150  aprox 5mm out of border
    0, -150 approx 15 mm inside border
          When the first coordinate hits the border, then why other 2 don't hit borders? I think Iam going wrong somewhere. Please guide.

• You need a square in your circle to measure.
    G28
    G1 Z10
    G30 P1

Now probe is active. Move to the edges to find your limits. Check log for message about invalid position. If not invalid that is reachable with probe. If you get invalid coordinates redo G28-G30 and continue until you have your square testable. Easiest solution I think.
  • Yes. It also looked simple to me.
    But the motors were locked after this step, and I couldn't move the probe, until I used M84 command.
    After this, when I touched the bed, I got no response, and the Bl Touch sensor red LED started blinking.

Also, thanks for the continuous support.

• Not even G28 worked? That normally works fine as it assumes nothing.
  • G28: Worked well
    G1 Z10: Worked, but the distance between probe and bed was 6mm, and not 10 mm. 
    G30 P1: Hit one point near origin and stopped
                    My point was, as you said, move the probe to find limits. I couldn't move the probe. Log showed nothing, after this.
    The last response was ;
    11:10:32.487 : Z-probe:10.85 X:-7.68 Y:-3.25 zCorr:2.08

• Hi Repetier!
        I still cannot find any solution. Please help.